Thread: 1995 G30 "Third Oil Cooler Line" ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1995 G30 "Third Oil Cooler Line" ??

Flying to Minnestoa from Florida in a few weeks (August 19th) to fetch a '95 G30 Cutaway van. It's the style that looks like a van chopped off behind the cab with a three door cargo box behind it. I'm unable to examine it, hence my current inquiry.

Neither Leroy of Leroy's Diesel, or Diesel Site's Blue-Ribbon tech's have been able to answer this question. According to Leroy, he is willing to fashion a complete oil cooler/oil line ensemble if I'll give him each configuration of the 3 lines. Problem is I can find no indication of there being a third line for any G30 van other than the gasoline V8's. The only lines I see anywhere for the G30 diesel with a 6.5L are the upper and lower Dorman 625-110 and 625-109 (GM 12472304 / 12472305).
    Zero hints of a third line. Leroy sounded very confident a third line that interfaces the engine coolant radiator to the standard oil cooler is in the mix.

Leroy is able to run with my findings, and fab up a G30 specific ensemble if I can figure this out. That way I can prep the van for a trip from Minnesota and back to Florida via Wyoming and Arizona. A long way to drive on what may be 29 year old oil lines.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ed
    P.S. (Edit) Leroy doesn't swear there's a third line, only that he thought there oughta be one. To be frank, I'll be delighted if we find out the 1995 G30 6.5LNA does NOT in fact have a third line, which would mean I can toss the TWO Dorman lines I purchased online today after measuring them for Leroy's requested dimensions, and higher quality lines he provides.
    Last edited by Ziabeam; 08-01-2024 at 16:18.