PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought it was over 04 Back in shop again

Aluminator
04-21-2004, 12:43
Well guys, I sure hate being the one of late with all the bad news.

The new 04 GMC ran fine for three days out of the shop with a new computer but on my first trip at 65 and better it started acting up again!! Same thing as before knocking and LOTS OF SMOKE. It has been back at the dealer for two days but this time I told them don't bother to fix it for me!! It has been over their 30 day grace period so I will hold out for a replacement this time. Has anybody been through this before? Should I call the GM 800 number? Should I file a claim with the BBB Auto Line?

Dennis

[ 04-22-2004, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Aluminator ]

crimedawg
04-21-2004, 13:29
Don't waste your time with BBB, been there done that waste of time and money. If they don't give you a new truck or you are not completely satisfied hire an attorney. I hired Kimmel and Silverman (1-800-lemon law) biggest lemon law attorney in the US. I have also heard other attorneys doing well with lemon law. If you need any more help let me know. I went through it once (2 years ago) and have a close friend who just went through it.

Aluminator
04-21-2004, 17:14
Thanks Crimedawg,

The factory rep is going to look at the truck Monday and if he doesn't say I get a new one you will hear from me!!!

Dennis