PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy, I got a question for you about exhaust manifolds

SLT556
09-26-2005, 18:08
I remember once seeing pictures of your modified driver's side exhaust manifold. What kind of power/MPG increases did you see from it, if any? IIRC, the pictures of the stock manifold had rather significant restriction for a steering column clearance. Looked like a serious choke point.

Kennedy
09-27-2005, 04:09
Sorry, this is not a mod that I support or recommend. I'm thinking I might take it down from my tech tips as I've actually had potential customers go away mad when I wouldn't discuss it. :rolleyes: The only way to measure any real gains is on an engine dyno and multiple thermocouples etc.

Suffice to say, the manifold is not helping any, and anything you can do should be positive. BD has a manifold in development so we'll see how that goes. Mine cracked, and I went a different route (required a LOT of extra work) with good success so far.

PS same manifold is used in production on 2005, not sure yet on 2006...

SLT556
09-27-2005, 16:13
Exactly what I was looking for...an honest experienced response. Thanks much Kennedy!

Kennedy
09-28-2005, 06:37
FYI, BD has a new manifold under development...

bobo
09-28-2005, 19:12
Originally posted by SLT556:
Exactly what I was looking for...an honest experienced response. Thanks much Kennedy! That is what I was thinking when I read it. Thanks for being honest. It looked like a good idea, but turned out to be a learning experience instead. That's life! smile.gif

bobo
09-28-2005, 19:14
Originally posted by kennedy:
FYI, BD has a new manifold under development... I believe it comes with a thermocouple port in it too.

Kennedy
09-29-2005, 09:42
PS I have a couple of hairline cracks on the RH side manifold as well...