PDA

View Full Version : engine limp mode

brad carlin
01-07-2005, 19:30
my 2004 chevy duramax lly & allison has a fault when it gets to normal temp usually on a hill it goes into limp this mode 2000 rpm only, by shutting the engine down it will reset but only for a short time i have xcellerator programer its saying no codes i have imported this truck myself into australia and have no dealer backup we need some real HELP,problem started at 5000 km now reading 10000 km

madmatt
01-07-2005, 19:48
try reseting your engine control module back to it's stock program and remove the battery cables for a few minutes. then put some miles on it and post the results. I ran into this after installing a Edge juice box. leaving the box on, i removed the battery cables for a while clearing the codes and the truck has ran fine since.

dmaxalliTech
01-07-2005, 19:57
take the power units off and see if it happens stock.

brad carlin
01-08-2005, 12:57
truck is in stock program and i have removed the battery cables severl times with no changes

madmatt
01-08-2005, 13:01
my buddy reprogrammed or put a box in one, one time and fried the ecm. I'll email him and see what he did wrong that caused it. he told me what he did but I can't remember.

brad carlin
01-08-2005, 15:46
reading though mph,s lly turbo issues posted 01-03-2005 & madd max,s it sounds very similar to my problem can anybody tell where the turbo vane postioning sensor is & whats the procedure for removing & replacing it cheers brad carlin

rickdlance
01-08-2005, 16:14
Check with your manufacturer and make sure you are capable of reading all codes specific to your year Dmax. Also if you have a fuel filter check gauge make sure your not pulling to much vacuum. Kennedy Diesel sells them. Sounds like a low fuel pressure problem. Have you tried changing the fuel filter?

madmatt
01-09-2005, 15:25
did you read all instructions w/ using this programmer? I ask because my buddy didn't when using a Bully Dog and didn't pull the fuses it instructs you to, he fried the ecm and it stuck in limp mode.