PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter change (again)

TSimpler
12-19-2002, 19:17
I just did my first fuel filter change and it was way too easy, you guy's had me VERY scared.

I did it all from the top, with very few tools.

I forgot who said to remove the battery, but it was great advice. removed the battery and disconected the bottom fuel filter water thing's wire from the rest of the truck and with 2 turns of the strap wrench I could turn it with my hand (sprained wrist and all)

Someone else stated to put a ziplock bag over the filter before removal and without a drop on the truck it was off. smile.gif

A little goop on the rubber seal's and replace the water thing'y and back on it went. No muss, no fuss.

Thanks for all of the help and information on the filter change!!! smile.gif

Then I put on the winter cover, that thing sucks.

Trent

P.S. dont forget to prime. Ooops

[ 12-19-2002: Message edited by: TSimpler ]</p>

hdmax(mike)
12-19-2002, 19:37
After about a week or two take the bumper cover off to take a look. I will not put that thing on again. After a few hundred miles ( maybe 400) there was so much sand and grit the bumper would have rusted after one winter.

I`m glad the fuel filter change went well. How many miles on the first filter?

TSimpler
12-19-2002, 19:59
Almost 15K. I cut the filter open and about half was dirty, I.E. getting dark color.

There was a very little red; stuff, sand, grit, whatever in the bottom (bout 1/4 of a teaspoon)

I havn't put on the bumper cover yet, I will be mounting a Warn 12k winch and a "real" bumper soon.

Thanks for your info, every little bit helps

Trent

[ 12-19-2002: Message edited by: TSimpler ]</p>