PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Rita

Jim Brzozowski
09-21-2005, 07:38
Well ladies and gentlemen they are taking our network down in 30 minutes to do an orderly shut down. I have a strong suspicion that the huricane is comming right up the highway where I live. Traffic from evacuations of the Texas coast are starting to stack up along I-10, everyone is headed West and North. I'm planning to stay put since I'm about 60 miles from the coast. If I have electricity after the storm I'll be back to read some more about the week-end on the edge. I fully expect it to be cat 6 before it reaches Texas. Isn't everything bigger in Texas?
See Ya.

More Power
09-21-2005, 08:08
Good luck... Give us a report once you get back online.

Jim

6APPEAL
09-21-2005, 08:36
I was 200 miles from the MS coast with Katrina and still got considerable damage. I wish you luck.

MIKE MOG
09-22-2005, 16:13
Good luck Man, Remember if its time to leave than get moving! Let us know how your doing.
Mike

sluggerjoe
09-22-2005, 19:15
I hope for the best for for you Texans. Doesn't look real promising at this point.

Jim Brzozowski
09-27-2005, 08:13
I'm back, thanks. No real damage to anything, just minor clean up work. The toughest part was staying on the cell phone with my Daughter for an 11 hour trip to go 80 miles, did my best to keep her calm and the car going by giving her tips on what to do each time she encountered something different. We're all OK. Made donations to Katrina victims, guess its time for Rita victims now. Thanks again for the concern.
Advise from lessons learned, when evacuating from an emergency stay away from the crowd. Know your back roads.

Driveshaft
10-01-2005, 04:44
ALTHOUGH I SUFFERED VERY LITTLE DAMAGE, PROBABLY 80% OF THE REST OF THE COUNTY HAD EXTENSIVE DAMAGE. ALL WERE OUT OF ELECTRICITY AS FAR INLAND AS APPROX. 200 MILES IN MS. WE ARE APPROX. 90 MILES INLAND HERE IN WAYNE CO. MISS. ONLY TOOK 4 DAYS FOR US TO GET POWER BACK, BUT SOME DID NOT GET IT BACK FOR 3 WEEKS AND MOST OF THOSE ON THE COAST HAVE NOTHING TO RUN POWER ON.