PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Duramax Purchase

VANDAL 7
09-20-2005, 01:50
I have ordered a 2006 Duramax with Allison 6 Speed. This vehicle was ordered thru military car sales so I got a great deal on it. The vehicle is the LT3, 4DR,4WD SB, loaded with every option. I ordered the LLY package, but since I won't be returning to the US from Iraq till Dec. I might have to get the LBZ.The question is I do have a concern for fuel economy and reading some of the forum complaints on Duramax economy, am I making a mistake purchasing this vehicle? I tow very little 6500LBs a couple of times a year. I just liked the idea of having a diesel and all ways owned Chevys.

Kennedy
09-20-2005, 05:57
Fuel economy seems to be hit and miss with most all brands/models so I would not worry about it. My 2005 gets just as good a mpg as my 2002 or better and actually probably a tick better when towing.

There are a lot of variables that can affect mpg like speed, fuel quality, driving habits etc. My LLY has no functioning catalyst or EGR on it at the present along with dual KD lift pumps and KD Mega fuel filtration to ensure that I have a happy fuel system. I also run FPPF Total Power in all of my fuel...

markrinker
09-20-2005, 06:36
VANDAL7 - can I ask what your military price is? Maybe I need to join up!

EXPSD
09-20-2005, 15:22
Its much appreciated what you folks are doing over there, I think you will be happy with your MPG. Good luck and hurry home.

VANDAL 7
09-20-2005, 22:20
Thanks guys for response. As for the price, I will be getting that truck for 39,200. Thats the absolute high. If additional rebates apply, I'll be getting that also. I still have to pay my state sales tax (NJ)6%. I think you can't beat the deal. If I do I will get it for the lower price. The truck won't be built until November so I will pick it up Dec 1. Hey one more thing, I want to thank all you guys back home for your support of our troops here . Vandal 7 OUT

LeroyR
09-21-2005, 11:17
Vandal7 - I just got an '06 LT3 CCDA with pretty much everything and on the first road trip (@ 26 miles on the truck) I got 19.2 mpg highway up and back (about 360 miles round trip). That was last weekend. Combined city and highway, I'm seeing 17.6 mpg. This weekend is another trip, but I'll be pulling our TT home. (We'll see what the mpg is coming home after driving through the hills and the White Mountains.)

VANDAL 7
09-21-2005, 18:58
Thanks, those figures are incouraging. If I can get that I will be happy.

REDTRUCK05
09-25-2005, 19:07
Originally posted by VANDAL 7:
Thanks, those figures are incouraging. If I can get that I will be happy. Hey thanks for your service! we cant even begin to understand! Come home soon and safe!