PDA

View Full Version : New turbo ?

Cornell
01-04-2005, 16:28
I have a 2004.5 LLY Allison with about 10000 miles on clock.When the truck was new the turbo vane selinoid and the turbo vane postion sensor were replaced. It took 3 weeks to get the parts. About a week ago the SES light came on, I tried to read the codes from my code reader but no codes came up on the scanner. I cleared the code using my scanner thinking it might just been a fluke. Well two days later the SES light came on again again no codes on the scanner. So off to the dealer I went, The tech was also confused(because of no codes on the Tech 2) so he called GM Engineering and they told him to replace the turbo. The turbo is on national back order, I hope this corrects the problem, when I get the turbo(2-3 weeks I guess)The truck since it was new had what I thought was a turbo lag issue, but after talking with people I fiqured it was the nature of the beast. I will keep you posted, it is a real shame since the issues with truck have numerous and time consuming.Parts availability with these trucks seems to be a major issue! :rolleyes: I am open for any sugestions

Cornell
01-05-2005, 05:27
THere is a new part number for the LLY turbo, there are some issues with early ones.(as per GM Engineering) The turbos are national backorder. So here we go again 1 month to get the parts, this is getting old real quick. :mad: :mad:

Cornell
01-05-2005, 05:28
THere is a new part number for the LLY turbo, there are some issues with early ones.(as per GM Engineering) The turbos are national backorder. So here we go again 1 month to get the parts, this is getting old real quick. :mad: :mad:

Artie D
01-17-2005, 17:22
My new turbo has arrived, it will be installed tomorrow, took about two weeks to get. It has a new part # will keep you informed

Cornell
01-20-2005, 06:41
Does anyone know how mauch time GM pays to R&R a turbo for the Duramax I am just curious. smile.gif smile.gif ;) tongue.gif