PDA

View Full Version : Which programer????

dmaxmule
01-04-2005, 14:19
I am wanting to by a programmer for my truck, but I do not have any experence with them. I want something with:

- mulitple levels
- not traceable by dealer
- easily removed
- diagonistics capable
- ability to change tire size
- REPUTABLE and DEPENDABLE

My truck is a 2005 2500HD ZF 6 speed. I have thought about Hypertech, superchips, and Diablo Predator. Predator sounds the best, but I have heard of problems witht them and the trucks computer. Any ideas or help?

dmaxmule

Kennedy
01-04-2005, 18:08
Diablo Predator is best choice in my opinion. Actually ONLY choice to do real diagnostics as the others just read codes...

rdlit
01-04-2005, 18:23
Has thier been any gliches with the latest software version?

HELENA TRANSMISSION
01-04-2005, 20:18
my diablosport has worked fine no problems.my brother has one in his 05 with no problems.catches rubber through first and second on the 65hp setting.great gas mileage as well.all good here.

Kennedy
01-05-2005, 06:21
The Diablo Predator LLY has been very good, and no revisions since release. The Allison is VERY confused at first, but settles down with driving.

Ranger354
01-05-2005, 15:57
I plan to purchase the Predator in the next week or so. Should I also install exhaust temp gages or any other gauges for that matter? I don't intend to race or go above the 3rd setting probably. Just looking to add some fuel milage and adjust for Tire size.

Kennedy
01-05-2005, 19:47
Gauges are always a good idea, but many have run without. I also have to say that I have yet to hear of any meltdowns with the Dmax. At least none that could have been prevented with gauges. I know of two from this forum, and neither experienced excessive EGT's as I recall. Just bad luck I guess.

With the 2 hole overhead console mount you can have a really neat setup though! :cool: