PDA

View Full Version : Three trucks at Edge in the 12's !!!

Tough Guy
09-09-2005, 21:31
Thats right...

The Rendezvous crew had three trucks in the 12's

John Kennedy
Brandon Meyer
Jim Bigley

What an exciting day at the races!

Stay tuned!

Tough Guy
09-10-2005, 18:23
Big Smoke and Big Power!!

The dyno event at Edge was a blast.

Kennedy and Brandon Meyers did a great job today with a combined horsepower just shy of 1400!! :eek:

More Power
09-10-2005, 18:48
We even got to run against each other!

http://www.thedieselpage.com/images/slcraceday01.jpg

The near truck is BMDMAX.. :D Lots more to come. Thanks to all the cameras in use by TDP members...

Jim

[ 09-11-2005, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: More Power ]

Buck
09-11-2005, 10:37
Boy, that red truck looks sweeeeeeet!!! Great job with it MP.

What were the official times for you guyz??

Kennedy and Brandon were in the mid 12's right?

More Power
09-11-2005, 19:05
Our record keepers didn't get the exact numbers, but we'll be getting the official track results very soon. I think JK & BM were in the mid 12's somewhere. Lil Red was in the high 12's. Gotta pic of it going through the traps (ahead of a Dodge in the other lane tongue.gif ).

JK, BM & Lil Red were in the "fast 4" for the night. :D

Jim

BMDMAX
09-11-2005, 23:02
The event was a blast! Great job putting it all together MP! We made it to a stop-over in Wyoming for the first night on the way back to Georgia.

My best for the night at the track was 12.62 @ 112 MPH. I was really impressed with Lil'Red, a very nice job with putting that truck together.

We really enjoyed seeing old friends and making some new ones. I have tons of photos and videos and will be working on a DVD of the event.

Anyway, thanks again for a great weekend.

Brandon :D

Kennedy
09-12-2005, 12:54
We landed here in the 3pm hr today. Drove straight thru. Just getting emails sorted out etc as we had no wireless (out of order :mad: ) in the motel.

I had a 12.6x also at 111.xx which would have definitely been better if I hadn't thrown it all at the Allison at once and had let it adapt. It really paused hard on the shifts, but pulled like a train with the 725RWHP (verified on Edge's dyno) between shift.

mark45678
09-16-2005, 13:55
G Dam Jk ! 725 hp :eek: , How cool is that! is that close to the same number it pulls on your BS meter back home? To bad is so far west for us east coast guy / gals I would have liked to have gone to meet every one!

Kennedy
09-17-2005, 05:16
I haven't dyno'd the setup that I was running for a couple of reasons. One is lack of time and two is that I don't typically dyno nitrous. The test profile that I prefer to use does not agree with nitrous as the instant burst of power catches the computer (which is looking to maintain a linear rate of acceleration) by surprise so it applies load quickly, then seems to overcorrect etc. Seeing the test profile that they use I think I'll do some experimenting. I have this and many more tests available on my machine. I've used this test before for my torque converter testing. They basically just apply 20% load with the absorbers and run it. I haven't seen the datasheet, but I understand these runs were made without correection also which is really the best way.

For point of information, my 2002 will NOT accelerate the rolls and hold 4th gear with stock tuning (305RWHP peak) at 20% load. This is part of why they put only the 400+ trucks on the Superflow. I need to drop to about 12% so the load is very significant...

More Power
09-23-2005, 10:53
In addition to the Men's Channel broadcast on Dish Network covering the Edge event sometime in the next 6-8 weeks, several photojournalists were in attendance, representing several truck related magazines. I met and spoke with writers from Sport Truck, Four Wheeler and Truck Trend magazines. Be sure to watch the news stands in the next 2-3 months for more Weekend on the Edge coverage. :D

Jim

Tough Guy
10-17-2005, 15:33
If gearing isn't a factor on the dyno, how does it affect acceleration at the track? What would the Lil' Red truck do with 3:73 gearing? :confused:

Chris