PDA

View Full Version : TO FAT???

MIKE MOG
09-07-2005, 14:12
We went camping a couple of weeks ago and there was a guy with a Dodge Cummin's camped next to us. He started his truck to let it warm up and I did not notice any diesel oder comming from it. I even went over to talk to him and still did not notice any oder. My truck will really stick out the whole camp ground when it idles. It is an 03 D/A. Is this normal or do ya think I have an problem with it running fat?
Mike

More Power
09-07-2005, 17:47
Does it smoke any when warming up?

Jim

JeepSJ
09-07-2005, 20:33
Maybe he was running bio-d?

Turbo Al
09-08-2005, 06:35
Mine (01)smells as well but there doesn't seem to be any smoke, just smell and like you said it covers a fairly big area. The aircare (polution control) station printout gives it a big fat O for smoke as well.
Al

markrinker
09-08-2005, 11:49
Tell everyone at the campground that it came equipped with factory mosquito control. ;)

MIKE MOG
09-08-2005, 15:15
No, Not running bio d, and no smoke at all. maybe Dodges just don't stink. I find that hard to belive though.
Thanks for the reply's!
Mike

madmatt
09-09-2005, 04:56
hey Mike! Man I could have used you labor day weekend. I spent a good part of sunday lost all over Ohio. Was trying to get to Xenia via short cut ;) needless to say it didn't work out, but I eventually get to my destination. Do you know where Kil Karre(????) raceway is? we finally found it, don't ever use microsoft for directions there though :mad: .

Buck
09-09-2005, 08:17
My best friend's dad has an '04.5 Cummins 600 and it does not smell like a diesel either. I have never looked under it to see if it has a cat, which would cause this. When my LLY was new, before the kitty cat got scared a way, it had a wierd smell. It didn't smell like the Cummins though!
It certainly has a funny smell unique to Dodges.

Maybe it is just the auto makers trying to prove to the public that diesels don't have to be smelly.

I personally crave the smell of diesel ;)

MP,

I have never seen this Dodge blow smoke of any color........

MIKE MOG
09-09-2005, 16:15
Hi Matt. How have ya been? I have no idea where that track is at. What race did ya watch? Take this email address and if ya need anything email me. MJMOGSTER@AOL.COM.
I will be glad to help. Hows business? We are dead here. I made 30 hrs with labor day off. Been slow all summer. I can't wait to see what's in store for winter.
Mike

MIKE MOG
09-09-2005, 16:23
Hi Buck,
10-4 on loosing the kitty. I could not belive it! This truck did not smell like diesel at all. Do me a favor, next time you see your friend, look under the truck and see if theres a cat. His truck ran for about 45 min,s with no smell of diesel in the air at all, My d/a would have cleared or about 2 acers by then. I know that the Dodge has an oder when going down the road. I also like the smell of diesel, thats what got me! A CUMMINS DIESEL WITH NO SMELL OF DIESEL!!
Mike