PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild with more power!

Eric Selinger
03-15-2004, 20:30
Okay Guys,

I am preparing the way to pull my 6.5. I finally have the opportunity to move forward. I wrote in back on 11/16/03 about "missing & excessive oil consumption".

I don't have any idea what the actual problem is yet, but I figure the whole thing has to come out anyway. I am very curious to know what went wrong because I had no load & I rarely pulled a load anyway. So if it is a busted ring(lubricity?) or a holed piston (excessive heat and why?), I want to be able to attribute it to something besides abuse, because that never happened. Actually it was driven more like I was a professional garage saler(stop & start all day long). I guess that's abuse, but excessive heat shouldn't have been a factor because of that?

I also want to know if anybody has had any problems with the heath turbomaster.

I'm gonna rebuild it myself and of course I want more power, on a low budget. I am wide open to any suggestions so please let me hear what you would do.

Thanks a million!

Eric Selinger
E-mail: selingere@starband.net
94 CCTD , hypertech chip, K&N, and a turbomaster. 195,565. (My can opener)

85 s-10 2.5L 4 speed (My can)

More Power
03-15-2004, 21:37
Deciding what or how much to do depends on your goals and your budget.

A member is beginning the process of rebuilding for more power. Here's his list:

>INTERNAL UPGRADE OPTIONS
>1. Completely Balanced Rotating Assembly:
>2. Ceramic Coated Piston Crowns:
>3. 18:1 Compression Pistons:
>4. Stud & Girdle to Strengthen Bottom End:
>5. Dual Idler Gear Drive:
>6. Ported Cylinder Heads:
>7. Ceramic Coated Combustion Chambers:
>
>EXTERNAL UPGRADE OPTIONS
>1. HO Dual Thermo Cooling Kit:
>2. Injector Pump Options:
> a. Reman 6.5L TD:
> b. 6.5L MArine 300HP:
>3. Injector Options
> a. Stock 6.5L TD:
> b. 6.5L High-flow Marine:
>4. Ceramic Coated Manifolds:
>5. Glow Plug Options
> a. 11G Stock:
> b. LDM Quick Heat:
>6. Ported Intake & Plenum:
>

MP

Peter J. Bierman
03-16-2004, 13:41
I would start with taking the engine appart to the last bold and see it's general condition.
Take it from there and decide what's needed and what is a power option and how it fits your budget.

Peter

patrick m.
03-16-2004, 15:06
if your budget wont allow for aal of the availible upgrades at one time, do everything you can to the engine itself (internally)
because exterior items can be added later, as money allows.