PDA

View Full Version : TOW/HAUL SWITCH QUESTION

DURA-MAX3
03-17-2003, 01:09
What does the tow/haul mode do for the truck going down the road. Someone told me it keeps the tourqe convertor locked in or something. Is this true or how does this thing work. On mine it seems like it just makes the truck shift at higher rpm's and stay in each gear longer. I guess what i am wondering is there any advantage to leaving it in going down the road at highway speeds... Thanks in advance...

motovet
03-17-2003, 02:04
I benefit 30HP when I hit my Tow/Haul. But when towing all I use is TH, at a lower setting of course. For daily driving standard is best,unless you want more grade braking in the hills or something.

NWDmax
03-17-2003, 09:39
Even running empty I'll punch the tow/haul button to slow me down.
It also doubles as the go button since I've got level 4 programmed in to tow/haul.
"Honey why are you pushing that button"?Hang on and find out! :eek:

Jackmchome
03-17-2003, 11:37
The torque converter locks in 2nd thru 5th gears in tow/haul. As the slippage of the converter is the major cause of heat in the transmission it is of great benefit to lock it up if you are running heavy. It also delays upshifting if your RPM's will not be high enough to be in a high torque range after the shift. Example, it will not shift into 5th until approx 60mph. It will be at about 1800rpm at that point. You can forcce the 4-5 shift by turning off tow/haul just long enough for the shift to hapen.

Dawg
03-17-2003, 16:50
Hey NWDmax, I'm in Wenatchee quite often. I'll have to let you know the next time I am heading over the mountains. I'll buy you beer.

a bear
03-17-2003, 18:55
Am I understanding this correctly. Can you program the chip to add HP in the tow/haul mode then return to stock when the T/H is not used ?

Flyboy
03-17-2003, 19:03
Hebert: If you have the Juice, you can set any of four power levels in either tow-haul or regular mode. Your choice, but most seem to set level four in regular and tow-haul in level two.

Ps. Thats a-bear down here!!

a bear
03-17-2003, 19:21
Flyboy,
I guess the Cut Off address blew my cover. LOL