PDA

View Full Version : drag racing

TBrake
08-22-2005, 16:14
Anyone have any good stories about smokin the competition in your duramax.

madmatt
08-25-2005, 17:45
look up micheal tomac @ duramaxracing.com (http://www.duramaxracing.com) His truck is way ****ed!

dmaxalliTech
08-27-2005, 18:42
Tomac was one of the first "extremists" in the world of Dmax draggin. His fastest time to date is 11.95 which was done in the fall of 03. That is on a daily driven crew cab truck weighing at or near 6600 lbs. Since that accomplishment, we have added a host of go fast parts including larger turbo, updated and improved transmission parts, larger injectors and more..

He know competes on the DHRA, ATPA, and the MI Thumb pulling series. At this time, he is top 3 or 4 in all three series!

Since the bar is being pushed on the drag racing scene he has not spent a huge amount of time at the drag strip this year. Once pulling season winds down, I know he plans to revisit the strip and see about putting some 11's down on fuel only.

As for some kick butt draggers, a couple dmax's come to mind. No Limit group based near Chicago have a reg cab that has already run 11.07 and promises to improve on that in Atlanta. Buck Spruill from North Carolina has an extended cab thats seen the 11.3 range and he is looking to better that too.

bobo
08-28-2005, 08:51
Originally posted by dmaxalliTech:
As for some kick butt draggers, a couple dmax's come to mind. No Limit group based near Chicago have a reg cab that has already run 11.07 and promises to improve on that in Atlanta. Buck Spruill from North Carolina has an extended cab thats seen the 11.3 range and he is looking to better that too. Buck ran a 10.77. It is in the new Diesel Power mag. I seen an 03 4x4 dmax run a 11.75 yesterday w/ programming, intake, exhaust, lift pump,traction bars, giggle gas, and trans. He ran street tires too!! Not many trucks around that can do that without a bigger turbo, CP3, injectors, pane, etc.... I was very impressed to say the least!! I ran a few more 14.3's on my stock trans. Time for an upgrade.