PDA

View Full Version : Juiced from Ebay

TBC
03-15-2003, 23:23
A while back there was much discussion about purchasing from Ebay and the support. This is my experience; I bought it on Ebay from Performance Motorsports Technology (PMT) and installed it and it did not work. It was a refurb unit. I returned it and got back a new non-refurb unit. How can I complain about non-support of their products.

I installed it and this truck REALLY hauls a** now. It responds to the throttle smoother and seems to idle quieter. My normal setting is level 3 (75 hp). I may set it at 90 once I get gages. It is amazing the way the truck performs overall with the Edge. At 50 or so when you step on the accelerator it really lays the speedo needle over on the right in a hurry. It is amazing. Can't wait to race D***e or F**d while towing my travel trailer. They might have a chance that way. LOL!!

I do have one question. Is there programming that compensates for oversize tires or speedo error? I had changed to 265's and the RPM at 70 was 2100-2150. After installing the juice it is now 2000 RPM at 70 MPH. I appreciate your comments.

Tom

mackin
03-16-2003, 07:02
TBC

I think your only option is to leave negative feed back on Ebay....

Who replaced it Edge ??

There is no tire calibration that comes "with" the Edge boxes.....

MAC

Kennedy
03-16-2003, 08:18
FWIW, the refurb program for Juice and EZ (Cummins) modules has recently been discontinued...

TraceF
03-16-2003, 09:24
TBC-

I think I may have been responsible for the poop storm on that thread by not backing down to the negativism. I got mine on ebay for $510, installed it, and so far (knocking on wood) it is working fine.

Good luck.

GMC D-Max
03-16-2003, 14:06
Bought mine on eBay, NIB, from a fella who supposedly totalled his truck before he had a chance to put it on (why didn't he just return it?).
Edge has updated it 3 times for free, and most recently, upgraded it to "Hot" status (for the standard $300 charge). Aaron's stand on boxes not sold through regular dealers: "It's still our product, and we will stand behind it". With that kind of attitude, I will recommend Edge to ANYbody I hear of that is looking for performance modules (I just won't tell them about the eBay deal!).

Edge is soon to have an in-cab controller which will compensate for tire size, among other really cool features! Don't know if this will address speedo error, however.

TBC
03-16-2003, 21:18
Mackin

If you re-read my post there is no negative part in it. I was just pointing out there had been negative comments on this site about Ebay. My point was that I received good service from the dealer that sold it on Ebay. The dealer, PMT, replaced it with a new unit, not a refurb and did not charge me the diff between the $545 I paid and a new one at $700. I did not have to go to Edge with it. Service took just over a week with 3 day express delivery from the time I returned it until I got the new unit. That is good service in my book.

I still love the way it runs.

Tom

Smittybilt
03-16-2003, 21:24
Hey, I bought my Juice off of Ebay. Guy's ebay name was Cdoohay and at the bottom gave a number to call him to make a deal. I did and he said he'd sell me one shipped for $675. This was ver 4.61. I bought it and am very happy with it. I've bough lotsa stuff on Ebay and have not had any bad experiences. It's just a matter of checking out who you buy from by reading their feedback. Now I know that price isn't quite as good as the refurb price but I looked online and found the going price for the unit to be 700-800 bucks. Rey

dontxs
03-16-2003, 21:33
Ditto Smitty, he is a great guy to do business with, I had a problem with my hot version and he shipped me a replacement before I got mine off my truck.

Don

mackin
03-17-2003, 05:17
TBC

I was wondering by what you meant by this statement =>"How can I complain about non-support of their products."

Seems he took care of ya...That's why I thought you might of got Edge involved .....

Glad it worked out.....

MAC smile.gif

TBC
03-18-2003, 22:34
Mackin
One of the negative comments made in the earlier posts about buying off of Ebay was non-support of products bought thru Ebay. My comment was a rehtorical questions saying with my good experience how can it be non-support as some had said. Maybe a poor choice of words on my part made it sound like I was speaking negatively about Ebay. I was not doing that. Sorry for the confusion.

Tom