PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new Duramax

imported_
06-30-2003, 08:17
Iam looking for a new truck anyone out there know where i can find a 2003 Duramax/Allison LT with the following options Xm Radio,6 disc cd changer with the Bose speakers. steering wheel controls, I know there are some Chevy dealers that read this website & probably have some in stock somewhere. I live in Houston,Tx. Ive searched all the dealers here locally & out 300 miles & cant find any with the options & colors i want. Any help would be appreciated....
I didnt know which forum to put this in so if this the wrong one i apolgize.

ratlover
06-30-2003, 09:30
Try going to your favorite dealer and have em do a dealer locate. Service is the priority when chosing a dealer with me. And I think you tend to get treated better when its service time if you buy from them. I always just call my salesman if i got an issue and let him take care of it....or atleast swing in when I make an appointment to see how its going and tell him whats up. Being on a friendly basis when dealing with a dealer will make them alot more likely to treat you better with service especially waranty work and possibly not looking to far into any mods you might have done. JMO

hoot
06-30-2003, 09:34
I located mine using GM's online locator by punching in different zip codes. Found it 300 miles away. Made the deal over the phone and took Amtrak out to pick it up.

DieselDixon
06-30-2003, 09:38
That's how I found mine too. The online truck locator at www.gmc.com (http://www.gmc.com) will give you the sticker for all the vehicles available. It will only go about 100 miles from your zip so you will need to type in a different zip code of another city if you don't find one.

Aggie '91
06-30-2003, 10:26
fishingn,

e-mail me at PDS_280 at yahoo.com. My wife is a salesman (person) for a chevvy dealer in the internet sales dept. in a Ft. Worth dealership & is looking for me one. (her direct e-mail addy is: Marsha_Sparks at hotmail.com) or a ph num at the dealership is 800.499.1102 ext 219

She has found some in Dallas - Ft Worth & surely there is one for you! Please don't consider this as an advertizment, she likes the D-MAX as much as I do!!! I just hope she can help.

PDS

DIESELMAX403
06-30-2003, 11:42
fishingn,

I did the same as hoot with my 2003 2500HD Sierra. I searched GM's on line inventory by typing in different zip codes. One zip code usually gets you about a 50 mile radius. Being from Houston, I usually entered a zip code from San Antonio, Autin, Waco, Dallas, Tyler, Lufkin, Livingston and of course Houston. I found Dallas/Ft. Worth and vicinity to have the best selection. If you do not mind going out of state, Baton Rouge, LA has a good selection. I purchased mine from James Wood in Decatur, TX. I was able to make a deal and get approved financing over the phone.

I first tried having a dealer locate one, but they never found what I wanted and always tried to sell me something else. In addition, if they do find one, they try to get you to pay a transportation fee for someone to drive it to their location. I personnally do not want someone else putting the first 200 miles or so on my vehicle. If you request a carrier like I did with my 2002 GMC Yukon XL, they want you to pay double the transportation fee.

have someone driveI did the same as hoot.

ratlover
06-30-2003, 11:55
Originally posted by DIESELMAX403:
fishingn,

I first tried having a dealer locate one, but they never found what I wanted and always tried to sell me something else. In addition, if they do find one, they try to get you to pay a transportation fee for someone to drive it to their location. I personnally do not want someone else putting the first 200 miles or so on my vehicle. If you request a carrier like I did with my 2002 GMC Yukon XL, they want you to pay double the transportation fee.

have someone driveI did the same as hoot. :confused: Must have gotten a good dealer then :confused:

I told them what I wanted and watched punch it into the computer and spit it out. Didnt try to sell me something other than what I specificly asked for even though they had some stuff on thier lot that was close just extended cab or the wrong color. They even sent a trailer to do the swap 200miles away and didnt charge me anything.

For once in my life I lucked out :confused: :eek: :D

DMAX4LIFE
06-30-2003, 12:00
what exactly are you looking for? color/cab config etc

Oongawah
06-30-2003, 13:48
On mine, they searched for 16 hours( I was with him) calling different dealers, and searching internet only to have them not want to trade. Then, when I was out of town 100 miles away I dropped in on a dealer that we had already checked. For some reason mine wasn't listed in the trade sheet, and hadn't been prep'd yet. After negotiating, I had them knock off a few hundred dollars to give to the other salesperson and I made sure he got it. It took about a week before they figured out take it, or I'll leave it. They even tried to rip me off at the very end when signing the paperwork, and was as close to walking out that door as I could have been. Needless to say, I bought my Yukon from the more honest dealer. Have fun, Chuck.

sonofagun
06-30-2003, 13:55
fishingn,If you haven't tried this http://gmbuypower.com
give it a shot, zip code and off you go. You an see the actual invoice to scope out options. I just finished a very trying search for an loaded
'03 3500, went out over 1000 miles and found nothing. Decided to order an '04. I negotiated a 1% over invoice deal that gets me very close to the current rebate deal.

Good luck,
Bob

tysmith
06-30-2003, 18:26
Good luck with getting a locate to go through. My dealer called 10 dealerships for my truck, and no one would give up the truck I wanted. Luckily enough, my dealer had its last order filled, and on that order was a truck for me! In fact, just signed my life away this evening. Hope to pick it up tomorrow. Good Luck.

Ty

imported_
06-30-2003, 21:29
Well iam the proud owner of a 2003 GMC 2500HD LT CrewCab Duramax/Allision, Carbon Metallic/Pewter Leather Seats with all the goodies i wanted. Also got it at $500 under invoice as well since it was at the end of the month & they wanted to move the vehicle. I also got 0% interest for 60 months as well...I just couldn't find a chevy within 600 miles that had the options i wanted. I like the GMC front end better anyways....Thanx for all the replys from everyone....