PDA

View Full Version : Tech-2 data with Juice

dmaxalliTech
03-10-2003, 19:35
I am still in the stage of gathering and analyzing info on this, but thought I would post an update incase any were wondering whats up.

I am doing these tests on a 03 D/A CC with 9000 miles. Juice is 4.61 regular(not hot) refurb unt
First comments are, Holy S**t.

I could not switch the Juice off during a drive so I ran in level 4 normal and t/h in level 1. Just looking for a spread. I took snapshots of trans data, engine data, fuel data and fuel delivery data. I, at this point, can NOT find any thing in engine data that would point out anything foul, The only data I could find was higher trans torque. Injector pulse width, fuel pressure, boost and all other data is showing identical at this point, Even fuel volume is consistant. I will download my snapshots to TIS-2000 tomarrow so I can graph out anything, That is if I find anything different. Simi-conclusion. Juice is undectable even when installed if not seen, at least in an engine or fuel concern, experienced user might see it in trans data stream... I will update thread as I get more info :D

Kennedy
03-10-2003, 19:41
Basically, you are seeing the commands from the ECM before the Juice modifies them.

dmaxalliTech
03-10-2003, 19:49
Kennedy, I had suspected that, but was curious more to the fact on detectability at the dealer. I also has sold me on upgrading my truck. I have reviewed your website and would like to know from you, JK, your box choice. I am convinced that fuel filtration is absolute, and gauges must accompany any box. Do you feel that exhaust will help that much, seems to me that stock is pretty good except the turbo outlet. airbox/filter changes scare me because of possibility of skewing valuable MAF input. Thoughts JK? Your info is very valuable to me :D :D :D

I see you have neared completing your fuel filter assembly, where do you or would you mount it on 03 trucks? Looking to send you some money soon
Eric

Kennedy
03-10-2003, 20:06
Well, the Juice/Hot Juice is tough to beat. The new VA box is supposed to be a contender, but I won't know till I get mine back. I ran a TTS reflash in another truck, and it seemed to respond better to this mod than my truck did. I'm curious to see the TST box, but they haven't answered my request yet...

Filter fits 2001-2003 in same spot as shown in my install overview.

Amsoil filter in a slightly modified stock box is hard to beat...

Exhaust will definitely help. Not easy to find on a dyno, but on the street it shows up. There are a LOT of restrictions/compromises in the design of this engine. Toughest part is to quantify the improvement made as the restrictions are removed...

[ 03-10-2003: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

JEBar
03-10-2003, 20:16
JK ... thanks for the info on the tec-2 .... many of us have been waiting to hear true facts on this matter ... Jim

GMCTRUCK
03-10-2003, 20:56
I've got the TST box with a 4 inch exhaust, Amsoil air filter, modified airbox and lid, and modified intake tube. Although not a direct comparison because I have the 6 speed, my truck runs very strong with this combo. Suprised the heck out of Toddster. The TST, like the Juice, also plugs in after the ECM so my onboard fuel calculator is now useless. So I would guess if my truck's information center doesn't know I'm using a "box" then it shouldn't show up on a scan. From what I've seen you can't go wrong with the Hot Juice on the Allison trucks. If I were to get an intake it would be the AFE II kit. I checked out Toddster's and it looks sharp and sounds awesome. As far as exhaust goes an exhaust system definitely helps these trucks run better. However the exhaust on these trucks is most restrictive from the puny manifolds to the flange at the end of the down pipe (behind the engine). This is where some flow gains could definitely be made. Also some states come with a catalytic converter and egr. Mine didn't because its a CT truck but, trucks from right next door in Mass. do have cats and egr. I don't know how much effect the cat has on flow or which states have it.

Toddster
03-11-2003, 15:59
GMCTRUCK has a GMCTRUCK that flat out RIPS ! Very, very nice set up....Seat of the pants tells me his truck would edge mine out (don't get used to it studly), but, the TST does have bigger HP/TQ numbers and no defueling (6 speed) It takes a ride in a chipped 6 speed to realize how SOFT the Ally realy is.... :mad: IMO my cat and EGR do not effect HP much if at all....My buddy has an 01 regular cab, we both have 4.61 Hot OJ and my truck will SMOKE his....Maybe I got the OJ with the Absolut ! :D

BROKERS
03-11-2003, 19:10
Well i see one problem with your findings using a tech 2? That was not what they were using.
So i see the tech 2 test inconclusive .
And nobody has said boo about the scanner that i posted.I'd say so far nobody can decypher what was printed on the rear of the scanner,therefore it has been left un answered.I thought there may have been sombody here that worked on the computer systems engineer from the factory that could answer the statements made.Well that being said, we will wait and see.

Kennedy
03-11-2003, 19:14
I've become pretty familiar with what's nestled under that hood, and I sure haven't located any funky plugs that can be used to access any "black boxes" under there.

I get the notion they were possibly scanning a third party installed device...

TraceF
03-11-2003, 19:35
JK- I wanted to say this 3 days ago but....

I'm not that familiar with what's under the hood.

I looked, for 20 minutes I looked- and wondered...

Brokers- Please see my last post in BAD NEWS and the message above it.

How is all this negative email getting to you?

Tell us so we can skewer the scoundrels :mad: :mad: :mad:

Let the flame comith forewith. :D tongue.gif

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: TraceF ]</p>

BROKERS
03-11-2003, 19:50
TraceF.

My e-mail was available at 5 other boards.Since i use the same displayed name they must have put 2+2 together.I still don't get the e-mails with no return adresses.Any how they are removed and the e-mails slowed.
I just hit the delete and figured a no response attitude was best.
Just take alook over at PUTC go to diesel section and scroll down to where speedbump posted"they are on to us" click on his link and read.
Nothing conclusive but interesting.

Trace i was looking at your fuel filter water seperator,we fab a shield in front of it so flying debris from the front cant nail it and damage it. It has happend to us.

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: BROKERS ]</p>

dmaxalliTech
03-11-2003, 21:02
Brokers, not doubting your other box, just thought I would see what is accessable at the dealer level with the scanner..
As far as your box, I am not much help, but hughes as noted before is tied to gm and sat. tv.,
the rs232 is referenced to a data cable, it is the same cable we use with a tech-2 when reprogramming, it connects the T-2 to the pc. I dont remember the exact sensers listed on your box but I do remember (I think) MAF, VSS, APP. I better go and recheck your post and I willupdate with my thoughts. As far as your junk emails go. Bogus deal. Delete delete delete. When I see someone getting the life your getting on a repeated basis, Kudos to you! Your input is valuable

dmaxalliTech
03-11-2003, 21:26
Broker, just reviewed your data, OBDII-OBDIII is self explanitory, lists the type of system that it is cabable of reading. DTC A B C is refering to the tpes of DTC's. If I am not 100 percent correct, forgive me but Type A is emmisions related. usualy sets code after one failure, turns on MIL. B type usually will set after two consecutive drive cycles with failure present, may or may not turn on MIL. Type C is systems code, will not turn on MIL and is not emisions harmfull.

J1858-3 looked like a KentMoore tool number, I have tried unsuccessfully to track it to anything though..
I have to agree with JK on this, I have had about every nut and bolt out from under the hood and havent seen anything that cant be explained. like a black box. Would have to suspect that data box is added on post production.

Kennedy
03-11-2003, 22:29
You know if we were talking about commercial trucks like 18 wheelers, THAT I would believe. They use ALL of the afformentioned gadgets to monitor driver performance etc...

mtomac
03-11-2003, 22:53
dmaxalliTech

What dealer in GR do you work for if you don't mind me asking. I live SE of town.

dmaxalliTech
03-12-2003, 19:18
Micheal, I work for Todd Wenzel Pont GMC. Stop in and see me some time, My Name is Eric Merchant