PDA

View Full Version : Diablo, check engine light?

Burner
06-23-2003, 17:06
I have tried the "sport" tunes from Diablo. The 85 and 100 HP tunes will set off the little engine symbyl. I have had a P0016 code and Mass Air Flow thing triggered? The truck feels as if it is in 4x4 mode or fighting it's self useing the last two tunes, above 60MPH. The 60HP seems to make it to 100 faster than the 85 or 100 tune. :confused: Why? Has anyone else noticed this or is it just mine? :rolleyes:

Burner-------> :D

king D
06-23-2003, 17:11
how recently did you get yor pred

DinoMax
06-23-2003, 17:54
Burner, sorry to hear about your problems with the Predator. I'm assuming you just started running it, and it is v1.04? How's your airfilter look? That could be a contributing factor to the MAF, now that your truck is trying to breathe a little more. I have had both v1.03 & v1.04. Running v1.04 for the last several months, and no SES lights/codes whatsoever smile.gif Most of the time I run the 85HP tune, and occassionally the 60HP. After my tranny "learned" the new curves, it's been nothing but good. Maybe you need to give your tranny some time to adjust. Try running the 40 or 60 HP tunes for about 300 miles, without any real hard driving, just some occasional burst for passing, etc. This seemed to help mine behave much better. Good Luck, DinoMax

Burner
06-23-2003, 21:40
Got the new version about a month ago. v1.04 form Mr. Kennedy. I think Yeohon (sp) will be getting a call soooon. ;) The SunCoast is out of reach... for now. I'm get'n a standard JUICE until then. tongue.gif Save'n that tranny for just a little while. tongue.gif :D

Burner-----> :D

RWTD
06-24-2003, 00:29
Originally posted by Burner:
I think Yeohon (sp) will be getting a call soooon. ;) Johan may only be 4 feet tall, and the shortest Swede known to man, but he packs a mean punch. I promise not to tell him you spelled his name wrong!

:D ;)

Shhh, don't tell him I said that, LOL!

Kennedy
06-24-2003, 13:37
Last I heard, Johan was working on widening up some parameters in the MAF and boost sensor areas. This is a delicate balance as the boost needs to operate within a "window" and the ECM also knows what the relative mass air reading should be as well. These things can be so specific as to set codes for EGR flow if the EGR system activation does not create a corresponding drop in MAF readings due to the reuse of a percentage of exhaust as combustion air.

The best thing to do at this time is get in contact with Nick or Johan and see when the patch will be released.

RWTD
06-24-2003, 14:34
There are a few testing some files that Johan made. One gentleman, Eric, who has an '01, has tried several, and this last go around, yesterday, he says it's the best file yet, but he's going to pull a big haul this weekend just to make sure.

Regards...

WhiteDuramax
06-24-2003, 22:33
So they should have a fix soon. I sure hope so, I have the throttle problem every time I am on the interstate in 100hp and sometimes 85hp, darn things holds at 65 and wont let it do faster, then will come back all of the sudden. When are they comin out with that higher hp tune RWTD??

RWTD
06-25-2003, 01:21
Originally posted by WhiteDuramax:
When are they comin out with that higher hp tune RWTD?? I can't say that there will be any higher horsepower tunes implemented as "standard" in the near future, if ever. However, that doesn't mean that further refining and tweaking of the current tunes that are on the unit now will not happen, as it will! Most likely the tunes will become more "underrated" (depending on the level), which will give more power overall. However, higher powered custom tunes can be made now, but they aren't ready to promote this on a massive scale, yet. I've been mainly doing them for test and research purposes, when done, as has other dealers. As we know, there is a limit to the maximum amount of power that one can run with the stock Allison.

Kind Regards...

Burner
06-25-2003, 09:34
James,

It would benefit the users as well as Diablo if "someone" (Diablo maybe?) would come out with nothing more than transmission line pressure change. That means that you could set the Tuner to "0" Tune and 125 MPH and "0" line pressure or 30% pressure increase. Example; 160 psi stock, modified to 208 by 30% increase. I think, that is the key to these "plug-in" boxes putting power to the ground.
;)

Let us know if they are thinking or working on this.

Burner------> :D

AlanL
06-25-2003, 11:18
I've had my predator for about a month now. For the first couple of weeks I ran it in 40 HP mode. It made a noticable difference.

After I did a tow of the race car (~ 6000 lbs load) I set the predator for 85 HP.

The truck goes great in 85 HP tune.

I've had none of the issues you've reported in 40 or 85 mode.

-Al

RWTD
06-25-2003, 14:45
Originally posted by Burner:
[QB]It would benefit the users as well as Diablo if "someone" (Diablo maybe?) would come out with nothing more than transmission line pressure change. That means that you could set the Tuner to "0" Tune and 125 MPH and "0" line pressure or 30% pressure increase. Example; 160 psi stock, modified to 208 by 30% increase. I think, that is the key to these "plug-in" boxes putting power to the ground.[/b]Burner, I agree with this in most part. I ran this by Johan a few ago and he said that he would run it by the engineers, but we'll have to keep staying on them concerning this, since they have some other areas they are more involved in right now.

The Powerstroke Predator does just as you stated, and allows for transmission firmness to be increased starting at 5% up to 40%, in 1% increments, for each gear.

We'll see what happens in the coming months. It should get interesting.

Regards...

Kennedy
06-25-2003, 14:53
AFAIK there are NO line pressure tables, sensors, or "active" regulators. Just a mechanical main psi regulator, and some trim solenoids to adjust release and apply timing.

In other words, while the pressure varies within, there is nothing more than mechanical regulation...

Burner
06-25-2003, 19:25
James, let me know what their working on. ;) I'll be calling you soon.

-- John, as usual, you're right. Sometimes I ask "diputs" questions, I like to fish. It would be nice if someone would explain the injector and the pluse. :D

Burner-------> :D

Bullseye54
06-27-2003, 18:04
Burner

Mine did the same as yours when I put in the 100hp,cleared codes(P0101&P0234)next time I drove it threw them again,wasn't even doggin'it.1st time I had 100hp in,no codes.Does it seem the people with '03's are having problems more than everyone else?I'm waiting for James or Diablo to get back with me.

ThePend
06-28-2003, 18:41
Not to get off subject about the MAF, but I keep getting a Turbo Overboost DTC, did this without and with the Predator.