PDA

View Full Version : Hot Juice 1/4 Times VS. Hot Juice/Pred. Stack 1/4 Times

BMDMAX
06-23-2003, 11:45
Went to the track this last Sunday to see if there were any gains made. Ran the truck last November at the same track with the Hot Juice level 4 and posted a best of 14.61 @ 94.60 MPH. I ran it at least 10 times and they were all about the same barring any launch screw ups on my part.

It was a nice day this June but much hotter ambient air temps. I ran the Hot Juice level 4 and the 40HP Predator tune with the speed limiter bumped up. I did add new wheels and tires since then and adjusted for those also. The launches were all 2WD since I do not have the 4WD option. smile.gif I had a good gain and ran a 14.14 @ 97.48 :D This is with the stock tranny, no limp and good rpm drops between shifts.

All in all I am pretty happy with the setup. Stacker naysayers flame on!! :D

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-23-2003, 11:55
Originally posted by BMDMAX:
Went to the track this last Sunday to see if there were any gains made. Ran the truck last November at the same track with the Hot Juice level 4 and posted a best of 14.61 @ 94.60 MPH. I ran it at least 10 times and they were all about the same barring any launch screw ups on my part.

It was a nice day this June but much hotter ambient air temps. I ran the Hot Juice level 4 and the 40HP Predator tune with the speed limiter bumped up. I did add new wheels and tires since then and adjusted for those also. The launches were all 2WD since I do not have the 4WD option. smile.gif I had a good gain and ran a 14.14 @ 97.48 :D This is with the stock tranny, no limp and good rpm drops between shifts.

All in all I am pretty happy with the setup. Stacker naysayers flame on!! :D BMDMAX,

I have found that the 40HP TOW tune does give better shifts with a lot less defueling, I know some say pulse on pulse does not do much, but I see the same results as you, seat of the pants and recent Dyno Numbers prove real gains on HP and Torque ;) .

I did limp mine running this setup a week ago, if you are quick you will catch it, I was not quick enough. That's what Tech II's are for tongue.gif :eek: .

GMC :D

GMCTRUCK
06-23-2003, 12:58
BMDMAX, great #s. Predator as a stacker definitely worked good with the Juice on the dyno yesterday. Big smoke and heat from the stacked trucks. Some of the slower probes and gauges had no chance of catching egts. How were egts on the track stacked?

mackin
06-23-2003, 13:25
Originally posted by GMCTRUCK:
BMDMAX, great #s. Predator as a stacker definitely worked good with the Juice on the dyno yesterday. Big smoke and heat from the stacked trucks. Some of the slower probes and gauges had no chance of catching egts. How were egts on the track stacked? More scare tactics "Jr" ??? BWAAAAA tongue.gif

Spikes are for conversations.... Not a guy there at Unlimited Performance yesterday would of jumped out of it on a spike or a guy ripping down a quarter trying to blow some ones doors in,waiting on a shift ....

Wood Ye ??? That's ok I wont put you on the spot .... No need to answer,my friend... ;)

But for the conversation,what'cha get Bmdmax ???

Mac :D :D :D

[ 06-23-2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: mackin ]

BMDMAX
06-23-2003, 14:11
Let me check the gauge on the way home tonight and I will post it then. I completely forgot to check it while I was running!! :eek: I think that since I was racing my fat pig against a 03 Mustang Cobra, a Buick T-Type, and a Ford Supercrew Lightning that day I was kinda distracted. :D I did not win the runs of course but there was some surprise on how well that Dmax kept up! :cool:

The truck maxed the track scale so I know I was over 7200 pounds.

Give me a few hours and the numbers are on the way.

BMDMAX
06-24-2003, 07:10
I checked the numbers against what I had for the first runs at the track. First time out with the HJ boost was 29.3 pounds and EGT was at 1022 degrees.

HJ and Pred. stack yielded 31.1 pounds of boost and EGT was at 1134 degrees.

This is with one of the "slow" probes so I was probably at a gazillion degrees or at least the equivalent of the surface of the sun. ;)

I like the stack and I can deal with the increased risk. :D

sdaver
06-24-2003, 07:19
its a bigger kick in the pants when theres no defuel for slippage in fifth :D dave

BMDMAX
06-24-2003, 14:36
Hey Super Dave,

Let's talk about the Suncoast, I have been thinking that I am getting close. Email or phone?

BMDMAX

GMCTRUCK
06-24-2003, 16:23
Originally posted by mackin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GMCTRUCK:
BMDMAX, great #s. Predator as a stacker definitely worked good with the Juice on the dyno yesterday. Big smoke and heat from the stacked trucks. Some of the slower probes and gauges had no chance of catching egts. How were egts on the track stacked? More scare tactics "Jr" ??? BWAAAAA tongue.gif

Spikes are for conversations.... Not a guy there at Unlimited Performance yesterday would of jumped out of it on a spike or a guy ripping down a quarter trying to blow some ones doors in,waiting on a shift ....

Wood Ye ??? That's ok I wont put you on the spot .... No need to answer,my friend... ;)

But for the conversation,what'cha get Bmdmax ???

Mac :D :D :D </font>[/QUOTE]Oh no, he's on to me. tongue.gif ;)