PDA

View Full Version : Dynomite Vrs. The Juice

jasonv
05-29-2002, 21:57
Ok all you testosterone filled maniacs like me. What is the most reliable way for me to increase the power of my D-Max? I am looking for advice on the Juice Vrs. B-D's Dynomite. I pull a 10,000LBS 5th wheel for recreation. Otherwise, I am empty most of the time. I would like the simpliest solution, to explain, I would rather not change the exhaust. The 15 minit install works well for me. Anyone who can help me make a good descion would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jasonv

Kennedy
05-29-2002, 22:22
Leaving out the exhaust upgrade increases the necessity for gauges as the EGTs will run higher.

The Juice/EZ Amp will give more power than you can use in towing situations, and is better suited for towing as it brings the power on at a much lower RPM.

I really like the way the VA/Dynomite boxes perform, but they need a bit more RPM as they follow the OE fuel curve quite closely.

Assuming you are the party that just emailed me, please consider this your reponse, JK

TLA
05-30-2002, 07:07
I have about 6k towing miles on mine. The first real mod was a pyro. I pull a lot of long hills at pretty good weights (22,000+) and have seen 1050 post turbo - right on my limit (been playing with turbos since the early 70's). If you are towing, I think a pyro is a must. In this area, ignorance is not bliss!
The 4" exhaust appears to have dropped EGT 150 to 200 degrees, so some kind of exhaust mod seems necessary - at least get a muffler that has less restriction.
I installed my Juice on Monday - took longer to unpack than to install. I haven't had a chance to pull any of the trailers with it yet, but it looks like, for towing, it is the best so far, which is why I bought it. Check out www.edgeproductsinc.com, and you will find the chassis dyno charts. They are really an eye opener, and may help to explain some of the shifting issues that we see, as well as providing guidance as to settings.

csimo
05-30-2002, 07:19
This one is SIMPLE!

Dynomite = DANGEROUS! Fuel pressure increased well above safe levels. You are gambling with your life.

Juice = SAFE! These guys took the time to do power improvements the right way.

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: csimo ]</p>

midwestdmax29
05-30-2002, 17:48
If you do tow heavy, free up the intake and exhaust first, then add the box. It'll make your max run stronger and last longer in the end with the lower egt's. I'm sure anyone who has both can vouch for this. Just my opinion.

jasonv
05-31-2002, 23:10
Thank you to all who replied. I am now thinking that an exhaust upgrade is critical. I am leaning toward the 4" exhaust with the Juice. Will I need gages if I upgrade the exhaust? Thanks again for the assistance.

Jasonv

mackin
06-01-2002, 06:38
jasonv ,

You do not need guages, to do an exhaust upgrade ...... You should get guages if you do performance upgrades, to monitor EGT'S ..... Boost levels ........ Guages, for towing required with performance mods IMHO........ Stock it surely is a good idea ...... Why not, it could point to a problem you were not aware off before some real damage could be done ......

MAC smile.gif

[ 06-01-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>