PDA

View Full Version : Newb Juice questions

ratlover
10-02-2003, 05:41
Well I have my juice in and have been able to drive it for 2 hours or 3 hours total in just level one. I have a couple of questions.

If I'm ideling in N and stomp on the go pedal I get a little puff of smoke. Pretty faint but I still figured that the lower HP tunes wouldnt smoke even if it was from 0 boost. This right? Dont really notice much while accelerating.

Also it shifts fine at part or even 3/4 throttle but I am concerend about WOT. Right before it shifts it will tach up to maybe 3400. A bit higher than stock. Is this normal? I thought that the box defuled so my rpm would drop a bit?

I checked the level and it is really hard to detect the throttle blip.

I'm kinda supprised how strong the 30hp tune pulls....I am getting used to it though and am about ready to up it once I feel the alli is shifting normaly. I just dont think it has been trained enough.

TIA smile.gif

Kennedy
10-02-2003, 06:52
Smoke during "turbo lag" is normal. Once the turbo gets the intake pressurized, all is well.

The Allison will adapt over the course if the next few WOT shifts and should tighten up.

You will also notice nice firm shifts when cold, as the Juice is derated till ECT comes up, and the Allison is expecting more power than it gets.

GSXRTURBO1
10-02-2003, 07:05
John, is there any way to make the Allison shift like it does when it's cold once the temp comes up?

ratlover
10-02-2003, 07:27
So the increase in rpm over stock when shifting is the trany sliping? I should just romp on her and force her to learn quick? Kinda the sink or swim approach. I dont want to shorten the life of my clutches much. Would it be best to make sure the alli is shifting normally before going up to the next level? That was my plan anyway.

I was just wondering about the smoke at 0 boost because I figured the lower 30 setting wouldnt do it. I'm still amazed how well it pulls at the lowest setting and was just making sure I was on the 30 hp setting. I did get used to it though and am wanting to bump up to the next level as long as I wont cheese off my allison. Wont be long untill I am looking for a new trany and looking into N2O kits lol :D

Yup, I did notice that it seems more firm when cold and even a bit more firm when I am not really on it. It would be nice if there was a way to get the alli to shift a bit more firm. Like the deal that B&M have for the 4l80e and such. 3 position switch and it adjust line pressure for a bit more firm shift. Be nice if you could get it flashed or pigy backa box or something to get it to be a bit more agressive. I dont want to be chirping the tires into secon with my foot barley on the gas but a bit more firm would be nice.