PDA

View Full Version : dang brake lights

barebackjake
03-12-2004, 15:44
dang brake lights arnt working on my 97 g 3500 van
lamps are good, turn signals work, i just cant fint the relay for them, im afriad its buried in the dash. going to wire for seperate turn and brakes but my led lights arnt here yet gotta make work what i have now. fuses are all good also

thanks
jake

lupey6.5
03-12-2004, 16:21
i don't know about your van but I got a recall notice about the brake pedal switch. the polarity is wrong from the factory so if the switch were to fail you would not get the brake light warning on the dash. i don't think that changing the pols will fix it but it may be why you are having trouble diagnosing the prob. maybe check the switch.

dslpwr
03-12-2004, 17:48
On my 95 there a brake switch relay in fuse box under hood.

DmaxMaverick
03-12-2004, 18:03
The multi-function switch in the column is a common cause for this. Usually, the hazard lights quit, or become intermittent at the same time. There was a TSB that involved some models, not sure the G series was included. Replacement switches are an improved design (or supposed to be).

Check the hazard switch for function. If it "feels" odd, sticks, or grates when you press it, that is probably the cause.

farmerherb
03-13-2004, 16:49
I have a 95 and have replaced the brake switch on the pedal several times now. I know when it's gone when I can't use the cruise control. Switch is 9.99 at Pep Boys or Autozone.