PDA

View Full Version : New guy in town

silva455
09-30-2003, 12:29
Hi folks,
I've just bought a 2001 crew cab dually with D/A and will have plenty of questions I'm sure. Expect it to be delivered next week from Texas, I'll post some pictues once it arrives. I bought it as a tow vehicle for my race car trailer, 28foot tag at 11K lbs loaded. Just wanted to introduce myself.
Thanks, Marc

mackin
09-30-2003, 12:40
Originally posted by silva455:
Hi folks,
I've just bought a 2001 crew cab dually with D/A and will have plenty of questions I'm sure. Expect it to be delivered next week from Texas, I'll post some pictues once it arrives. I bought it as a tow vehicle for my race car trailer, 28foot tag at 11K lbs loaded. Just wanted to introduce myself.
Thanks, Marc Yet anouther CT Dmax owner ..... Great ....

Where abouts ?? Don't want to go public, shoot me an E-mail ....

Mac
:D :D :D

More Power
09-30-2003, 13:14
Welcome....

The search function can be used to locate answers to many questions, but ask away or put your two cents worth in anytime.

Be sure to check out the "content" side of The Diesel Page as well.

There's the Member's Area, where all current articles and tech pages are linked.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm

And, the Member's Duramax Page, where we maintain a collection of past & present Duramax & 2500HD/3500 tech pages and other related articles.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/duramem.htm

MP

Heartbeat Hauler
09-30-2003, 13:21
Hey Silva455...Welcome. Prepare to learn, laugh, cuss, and whoop it up. :D
JP

gene smith
09-30-2003, 14:55
Hey Silva455
Heartbeat Hauler left out something, these guys will have you spending more on that truck than that race car you are pulling. They got these rice burning diesels running like fuelers with electronics only, (low 12s in a 7000 lb truck) can't wait till they go to the inside. Anyway welcome to the page your gonna like it.
Geno

dmaxalliTech
09-30-2003, 18:19
I second Gene's thoughts, Its gonna cost you alot of money to hang around here. Lots and Lots of good info though. As MP says, search is your friend and dont be afraid to bring up an old topic for clarification etc.. Welcome

Eric

silva455
09-30-2003, 18:19
Thanks for the welcome. I've already got a shopping list of accessories to add on the dually, and it hasn't left Texas yet!! I may do some power adders later but this is definately not a race truck. It's got to last me 10-12 years so I'll be a little conservative on the power adders. Besides, my wife would kill me if I made this into another project....

silva455
09-30-2003, 18:36
Thanks for the welcome. I've already got a shopping list of accessories to add on the dually, and it hasn't left Texas yet!! I may do some power adders later but this is definately not a race truck. It's got to last me 10-12 years so I'll be a little conservative on the power adders. Besides, my wife would kill me if I made this into another project....

TBC
10-01-2003, 19:11
silva455

If you only do one mod make it a Juice chip and all the others will pale by comparison in the difference it will make in how the truck performs. That 11,000 lbs will seem like it ain't there. For $600-$700 it is well worth the price.

Tom

sonofagun
10-03-2003, 06:37
Silva,

Welcome. I just sold my '01 but I did a lot to it while I had it. Glad to answer any questions I can. You are really going to enjoy the ride and the DieselPage.

Bob