PDA

View Full Version : can some give me info on uploading a spread sheet to a post

fredw
09-28-2003, 14:18
would like to upload a gtech spread sheet in a image file, tried the ubb code but no luck, thanks to the smart people :eek:

OC_DMAX
09-28-2003, 16:49
Fred,

Not an expert on this topic, but I tried to upload a JPEG image a couple of days ago without any success myself. When you click the image button, it asks for a URL. It does not appear as if you can load an image directly to the post. The post will reference a URL where the image is stored (possibly on your own personal webpage). When someone views your post on The Diesel Page, the image would then be loaded each time from your personal webpage.

Moderators and or TDP Expert Power Users - is this correct or incorrect?

mdrag
09-28-2003, 20:18
Originally posted by OC_DMAX:
Fred,

Not an expert on this topic, but I tried to upload a JPEG image a couple of days ago without any success myself. When you click the image button, it asks for a URL. It does not appear as if you can load an image directly to the post. The post will reference a URL where the image is stored (possibly on your own personal webpage). When someone views your post on The Diesel Page, the image would then be loaded each time from your personal webpage.

Moderators and or TDP Expert Power Users - is this correct or incorrect? Correct, that's the way I understand it to work.

fredw
09-28-2003, 23:33
i do not have my own web page but do have the url to my photoisland where i keep my pictures on, but still no luck transfering them with that, seen it done on other sites, want to no how, could put it intop jtag as well if needed redface.gif

OC_DMAX
09-29-2003, 04:57
Fred,

As a minimum, I think what you need to do is find a site that will allow you to post a photo album. This still is not sufficient. The site where you post your photo album must allow you to reference each individual picture via a URL. Some sites may not allow this since they generate revenue not by allowing you to reference individual pictures (from another site like TDP) but by you actually loading their webpage where the advertising is present.

Example, in the case I mentioned above, Mdrag helped me out by copying the picture to his photo album (Thanks Mdrag !!). We supplied a link to the photo album, not the individual picture. Later, I tried to find the URL to the individual picture but was not successful. However, several days later after some experimenting, I think I figured it out (a little slow sometimes !!).

In your case, go to photoisland. Bring up the picture you want to post. See if you can get the actual address to the picture (would end in .jpg or .bmp, etc). Try right clicking on the picture and then select Properties. In the Properties dialog box, you will find the Address (URL) listed. Highlight this address, then copy it. This is the address you add to the URL asked for by the IMAGE button on the Instant UBB Code. So paste it in when the URL is asked for. I brought up the picture below.

http://thumbs.webshots.com/s/thumb4/0/72/48/91807248puDlqR_th.jpg

Try this experiment. Select Mdrag's "Latest Mods Here" in his signature. The Webshots Community page will appear. Take any one of his pictures. Right click and follow what I mention above to get the URL. When you reply to this post, click the IMAGE button and past the URL.

Hope it works out for you.

Alan

fredw
10-02-2003, 01:33
OC_DMAX, mdrag

thank you, could of not done it with out your help

jbplock
10-02-2003, 03:24
[quote]Originally posted by OC_DMAX:
[b]

OC_DMAX
10-02-2003, 04:35
Your welcome Fred, like I said, it took me a while to figure this out myself. Would be a lot easier if we could just upload the .jpeg to this website. That way the picture would always be with the post, not dependent on where it is stored.

Bill,

I did the same thing when trying to link to the fuel filter pic on Mdrag's webshot site. First copied the url from the address tool bar on Internet Explorer. That would not work since it references a frame which calls the picuture. So the mystery is solved. Got your email last week. Over the years it looks like our careers have paralled each other, just on different coasts of the country!

Alan