PDA

View Full Version : Hot Juice with a Superchip on top ???

dayson68
09-26-2003, 20:48
Any body done any stacking of the two? Typically run the juice solo, but tried some stacking this last week with the Superchip programmer. Amazing difference with the Juice on 4 and the SC on the lowest level. The truck is much quicker with EGT's raising slightly faster than Juice alone. Full throttle would rival that of the stack on a coal fired train if asked, but seat of the pants feel was incredible.

Actually I have no idea how the Superchips programmer makes power and how the two might conflict causing to much of this or to little of that. I know Im going to get told "Not possa stack em", but has anyone seen any negative results with stacking when driven somewhat sainly?

I believe some of you folks are stacking with the Hypertech programmer. Are these two programmers basically the same?

I did by the way have to just try it with both on the High settings for just a very short run. All I can say is ..... HOLY XXXX !!!!

20050528|8|000731|000000|205.188.117.71
09-30-2003, 07:20
Let me know how you did it. Which one was installed first? How did you do the power level adjustments? Any :mad: warnings from the dash?

I will have both at the DHRA drags in Union Grove WI this Saturday, and there may be someone willing to try the setup. Anything since your last post we should know about?

Thanks,

Mark

dayson68
09-30-2003, 12:54
Other than Just the short time I had the Juice set to level 4 and the Superchip on the highest setting I havn't run them that way together again. The acceleration with this set up was incredible. I never did get the throttle to the carpet due to my own worries of tranny limping, but you could hear the tires slipping all the way to fourth gear. Upon pulling back in the shop the smell of hot rubber lingerd in the air.

I did however set the juice on level 4 and the programmer on level 1 and took a 700 mile trip to Denver and back. The milage going was just under 26 and the milage comming back (uphill) was just over 25. This was not by any means babing the truck either. Found some guy on Wolf Creek pass in a F**D (99 or so PSD) that was obviously chiped due to the extreme black smoke it would emmit. He completely gave up after realizing his chances of getting around us were just as good in go-kart. He could get a run at us, we would hold of until he would get almost side by side and then without any hesitataion the ol' Dmax would leave him like he was standing still.

Never could find another opponet to play with though.

MAV
09-30-2003, 14:10
WI HUCK,
I may come down there on SAT. Look for this truck if you can.
http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL227/437876/633189/25620762.jpg
It says Duramax Diesel on the windshield.
I should have my 135 hp Quad tuner with me.

Is it anybody can drag day or what?

09-30-2003, 14:43
Maverick, it should be fun. Hope to see you and a bunch of your friends also!

Dayson68, does the tuner notice the Edge box, or vise-versa? Can you go thru the normal power level changes with them both installed, or do you need to set one with the other removed first? Any info would be helpful and save me time when I get someone to try it.

Thanks,

Mark

MAV
09-30-2003, 14:51
Sounds good.......I'll be wearing a red Dale Jr. Bud hat with a big "8" on the front.

dayson68
09-30-2003, 16:37
Huck, I disconnected the Juice completely back (rendering the truck stock) then used the programmer to set the level I wanted. Then plugged the Juice back in and uas able to set the level desired. I will be able to do some more experimenting here this weekend. I sent my Hot Juice back and should receive the new "Hot" Attitude tomorrow. It will be a little easier to do some more experimenting with the easy in cab changing of the attitude.

I am running a stage 2 AFE with 4" exhaust as well. Like I mentioned before I really have nothing to compare it with. I believe the attitude will give some insight. If I read correctly it has some type of information like a G-Tech - someone may have to correct me on this though.

I do have a G-Tech but have been to lazy to take it out of the Trans Am and set it up in the truck.

10-01-2003, 06:22
Thanks for the help. That makes sense to have the Juice out when installing the tuner. It is my understanding that the attitude monitor will be able to adjust the power levels and also watch exhaust temps. I will get my first shipment of them hopefully in time for this weekend and find out for sure. Keeping fingers crossed for dry weather!

Thanks,

Mark