PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Additives

Coach1
09-25-2003, 09:26
My local dealer informed me not to use any fuel additive. According to him, GM is finding that their injector pumps are rusting. I would imagine it would be the additives that do not allow the water separator to do it's job. Anyone get this same info from their dealer?

DMG
09-25-2003, 11:02
Originally posted by Coach1:
My local dealer informed me not to use any fuel additive. According to him, GM is finding that their injector pumps are rusting. I would imagine it would be the additives that do not allow the water separator to do it's job. Anyone get this same info from their dealer? This has been covered several times in the past. You can do a search under this topic and get a fuller explaination and see the GM Tech Bulletin. Basically, GM has backed off on not recommending the use of fuel conditioners. They do not want you to use one with alcohol in it and have approved the use of Stanadyne for one and I beleive Racor is the other.

I have used Stanadyne in my last two Powerstrokes and have used it in my 02 Duramax from day one, prior to GM's approval and never had a fuel related problem.

Hope this helps.

Dave

max out
09-26-2003, 12:30
I use the brand power service, mainly because I have plunty laying around beings I use it in my tractor. I don't think it contains any alcohol.