PDA

View Full Version : LLY needs injectors PROBLEM FOUND

Aluminator
03-18-2004, 19:56
I have delt with the injectors with my 01 sooooooo I get the new 04 LLY and today on my first trip to LA the engine at times sounds like major spark knock and the poor guys behind me have to turn his wipers on to see the road cause of the smoke. It seems to be a hit and miss thing running along for 15 mins just fine and then the smoke starts again. No lights came on the dash so I don't know if it loged and faults. Does this sound like another round of injectors??

Dennis

[ 03-23-2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Aluminator ]

Kennedy
03-19-2004, 05:40
That's awfully quick. Having heard of turbo sensors going bad and some other "minor" gremlins, I'd be more inclined (actually crossing my fingers) that it was a simple sensor screw up like the EGR wigging out...

More Power
03-19-2004, 10:14
I agree with JK, I'd suspect a loose connection or fitting before considering something worse. Spend some time looking at all of the injector electrical connections, electrical connectors and sensor connectors.

For example, there have been instances of loose electrical stud terminal connections on the LB7 injectors that were first misdiagnosed as bad injectors.

MP

Aluminator
03-19-2004, 18:56
Thanks you two!!

I droped it off at the dealer this afternoon and asked them to check all the wires while they were at it.

It is hard for me to think of wires to keep a deisel running smooth. Hope to have answers soon but I bet it will take till Monday.

Dennis

Aluminator
03-23-2004, 10:16
Kennedy and More Power were correct. The dealer after a few days got the thing to give up a code. By moving some wires around it spit out an alarm code. The same way the truck shuts off the fuel when the alarm goes off it seems to be shutting off the fuel while driving for a split second and then back on. I am not sure I understand why it would make it smoke so bad when this happens but who knows. They also thought after talking to GM that when it shuts off the engine pulls some of the engine oil into the engine. Then I don't know how engine oil could get past the rings to burn. Anyways GM said they were very interested in the problem. For now they are trying to find a bad wire or conector. Will fill everybody in if they can find one.

Dennis

Aluminator
03-25-2004, 18:52
Alarm wire repaired but truck is still not fixed. Just picked up a rental for the next five days. Seems something in the computer is screwed and they will have to replace it. More days in the shop!!

Dennis

BillyD
04-28-2005, 20:07
Aluminator:

Can you be more specific about which alarm wire was the culprit?

Also, you mentioned in your last post that the truck was still not fixed. What does this mean and what was the final corrective action?

Thanks.

Bill

Thanks.

Bill

ifishinxs
04-29-2005, 04:19
Dennis,

I just picked up My New 2005 LLY Crew Cab 4x4 in Bountiful Utah. I remembered the problems you had with bring in an out of state Vehicle and Made sure that I got a California legal Truck. The dealer was able to find me one in Napa Idaho.

The DMV still stuck me with bunch of fees, but the registration process was a piece of cake.

I hope the dealer gets your problem solved. These trucks are sweet.

I going out for some trash fish at the Nados on Tuesday..