PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide on Attitude monitor location..

motovet
03-16-2004, 22:40
Ok, I sat in my truck for over an hour trying out different locations. So far Dave has the only pics I can find of an install. I may well go for the overhead, but lets see some more!

Idle_Chatter
03-17-2004, 04:05
Put a photo of my mounting location in my PICS link in the "Attitude" folder. The mount is just a piece of 1/16" steel plate that I bent into an "L" shape and clipped to the instrument panel trim. I painted it charcoal gray with the paint I had mixed to paint my gauge pod. Easy access with the left hand and right next to the EGT gauge without having to take my eyes off the road.

OC_DMAX
03-17-2004, 05:22
I just velcro'd the bottom of the attitude to the top of the steering column. The back of the attitude rests against the instrument cluster plastic. The attitude blocks part of the gear selector display, but everything else is on the factory gauges is visible. Can be removed in seconds.

BadDog
03-17-2004, 10:49
I mounted mine on the underside of the dash, right next to the console drop down. Right beside the brake controller. I can see it easily through the wheel, and it's out of the way. I used a simple "L" bracket mounted with an existing screw, and used adhesive backed velcro to mount the controller to the bracket. Double stick tape would work too, but I had the velcro on hand.

motovet
03-17-2004, 19:32
Thanks for the ideas and to you Tom for the quick pic. I ended up going with OC's spot in front of the guage cluster.

Jorday
03-18-2004, 09:55
I just used velcro and stuck mine to the center console right under the heater controls

a bear
03-22-2004, 08:48
motovet,
I ordered the overhead console mounting plate from ATS. It is $45 with or without switches. I ordered this one with the switches in case of any future mods. The plate looks real nice with a fit/finish factory look. You can go to the link in my sig for the pics. :cool:

MemphisDMax
03-23-2004, 18:29
A bear, did you have any issues running the wire? long enough and hidden?

a bear
03-23-2004, 19:16
The wire was real easy to run under the headliner.
Just remove the screw/screws for the overhead console and pop the clips free with a firm tug. Then the driver's side pillar also pops free w/ clips. Then the headliner will come down plenty enough to run the wire. A 3' extension will be needed. Just run the wire across the headliner underside then down the underside of the pillar, then through the fuse box compartment, then through the door jam. The wire will be completely hidden. smile.gif

jjackson
03-24-2004, 06:06
Idle_Chatter, nice installation. When you say you just "clipped" the L bracket to the trim, could you provide a little more detail....I like your location, and I have the same gauge set-up as you.

Thanks, John

Idle_Chatter
03-24-2004, 07:06
Yep, the bracket is bent out of some 1/16" sheet steel. It's basically an "L" shape, with the bottom leg bent back on itself to make it double. The instrument panel trim piece is held on with spring clips. You can pull it free by gabbing it and pulling straight back towards yourself. I pulled the top left corner of the panel trim free (don't have to pull the whole piece off) and the clip goes over the forward edge of the plastic trim and slides towards the driver until it "grips" in the doubled bottom by friction. Then press the trim back in place and the padded top of the dash keeps the clip from moving forward when you press on the Attitude buttons. The Attitude is attached to the clip with velcro tape and the wire is run through the door weatherstrip and inside the front fender to the Juice. The Attitude can be unclipped from the dash and removed in a minute or less with the only evidence remaining a small scratch on the instrument panel trim and two small slices in the door weatherstripping.

BassinRVer
03-24-2004, 11:23
Hey Motovet this years TGT is in Montana so looks like you get to go.

Minn-kota
03-24-2004, 17:18
Ditto what Idle_Chatter said. Have a similar set up as he, although I routed the cable through the firewall. Works great and the display is in a perfect location for viewing and changing settings on the fly.

motovet
03-24-2004, 22:39
a bear, Thanks! I hadn't seen that one yet. I like it. Bassin, I will probably make the mini rendezvous alright. You not going to make it?

andrewfessler
04-03-2004, 19:21
Someone have the URL to the website for the ATS mount for the attitude handy?

a bear
04-05-2004, 05:13
ATS web page (http://www.atsturbo.com)