PDA

View Full Version : CHECK ENGINE SOON ?

Marshmello
12-22-2004, 10:46
Got a check engine light the other day. I was able to get the engine code.
DTC P1781 Engine Torque Signal Circuit

Any clues why?
I've got the edge w/attu. Stock exhaust with the muffler cut out and a dynamax 4in. silencer.
edge i've had for about 5-6 months
muffler over a year ..
No codes before...

More Power
12-22-2004, 11:52
DTC - P1781

The TCM MIL request circuit signals the ECM that the transmission control module (TCM) is requesting a MIL (service engine soon) lamp illumination.

The code sets when the ECM detects an incorrect voltage level on the TCM MIL request circuit.

This is likely a wiring or TCM problem.

It would appear your TCM limped, then attempted to signal the ECM to set the service engine soon lamp.

MP

dmaxalliTech
12-22-2004, 20:54
Didnt catch the MY of the truck, but if its an 01, then make sure that the ECM calibration is current. There is some updates for that condition. ALso check and make sure the batteries are in good condition, connections are good, etc. Make sure grounds are good on side of block bottom front of engine. Its also possible that the ign switch could be dropping out a bit during cranking.

Marshmello
12-23-2004, 16:06
Well the check engine came on again today.
I took your advice and looked at the Battery grounds and the negs were loose. So i tightened them up. The light came off after about 1 hr. of driving. So thanks again.
On a different direction I took it to the the dealer to check for ECm updates. Hr didn't know what i was talking about, He ran the Vin in there computer and said there were no updates. Loke talking to a brick wall. So does anyone know of a knowledgable dealer in the OC ,CA. area.
I've had the the jumping, or hicupping idle for over a year now. Mileage isn't that great about 300-310 miles on about 23 1/2- 24 gals. With 295/70 r16 BFGs . So I don't know what the correction should be.
Well I guess im glad I haven't had injector problems. 65000 miles on a 2001 crew 4x4.