PDA

View Full Version : In the shop @ 6000 kms

BarryD
03-09-2004, 12:26
Had the glow plug dash indicator come on and stay on this afternoon. Went over to shop and the code was 381. New one to them. They looked it up and it hs something to do with the fuel ratio. Anywhoo the long and short is it's going in on thrusday and should take a day to fix. Should have it back that night.

Duramaxdiesel
03-10-2004, 07:21
Glad you're getting it fixed. At least it wasn't an injecter. smile.gif

heartbeatcanada
03-10-2004, 11:03
Barry is your truck the lly or the lb7 dmax????

BarryD
03-10-2004, 13:05
It is the LLY engine. I took it to Humberview Medium Duty Truck Center in Etobicoke. Humberview appearently is the only GM shop in the GTA which is qualified to work on Duramax engines.

My truck is the smallest truck on the lot! :eek:

dmaxalliTech
03-10-2004, 18:05
380 codes are glow plugs, the 381 code is simply a code for no 1 cyl glow plug. LLY uses individually controlled glow plugs similer to CA emission trucks. There are about 14 or 15 new codes with the LLY

BarryD
03-11-2004, 16:53
So the epilogue to my story..... I had a remote starter installed when I bought the truck in January. It never worked right so the dealer offered me my money back and had the starter removed on Monday. Tuesday the glow plug light comes on and stays on.

The exact code the computer gave as stated on the invoice was "PO381"

The guys that removed the starter screwed up the wiring and didn't remove his wiring properly. Once the harness was cleaned up the glow plug light went off and they reprogramed the cluster and it was fixed.

I had this work done at a different garage/dealer. I don't think I will let the original dealer touch the truck again. They have screwed it up everytime they touch it. :mad:

I was going to get another brand of remote starter put in to replace the POS the dealer installed. I think I will pass on the remote starter.

Cornell
03-11-2004, 17:08
I am glad to here you got it fixed. ;)