PDA

View Full Version : Bench Mark

IHRAracer
08-28-2002, 21:21
Is The Duramax the new bench mark for the Dodge and Ford boys and girls. When I go somewhere and truck talk is involved everybodys always saying I can out run the Duramax. Is it what people compare things too. In my opinon it is. Anybody else notice this. However I am not around any of these heavy modified trucks, as stock this is what the talk is. Well I have ordered the new HO Cummins Dodge to pull my race trailer so I will know. But my Duramax will always be my daily driver and I love it. The single cab is just not enough for a heavy trailor. Just trying something. Don't know what's got in to me.

[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: IHRAracer ]</p>

PEANUTGRWR
08-28-2002, 21:36
IHRA, I HATE TO TELL YOU BUT......... YES ITS THE BENCH MARK AND ITS WHAT EVERYONE THAT DOESNT HAVE ONE WANTS :cool: :D tongue.gif ;)

conradv
08-28-2002, 22:09
If you read some of the posts over at ford-diesel.com you'd think that the Duramax's poor ole aluminum heads were really made of soda cans & that Isuzu only started building diesels about three years ago... ;)

IHRAracer
08-28-2002, 23:14
Hey PEANUTGRWR you know where Dublin, NC is. There is a lot of peanuts sold their. It is one of Houston peanuts main sellors. You can get them roasted, boiled, raw, or whatever. NC has got the peanuts going on and I eat them. I live about 15 mile from their.

PEANUTGRWR
08-29-2002, 08:29
IHRA, NO I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO NC. IM LOCATED IN WEST TEXAS. BUT GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY.

DieselDennis
08-29-2002, 09:08
Yeah, I guess it is sort of the benchmark for now. I'll say that some of the technology that the Duramax has is being incorporated. IE Common rail injection to be found on the new Cummins engines (to make them quieter). And the Allison is surely a durable automatic (still don't know about the transmission having it's own computer though :rolleyes: ).

But I really wish GM would have brought out the engine with some real specs like Ford is doing. I mean when the Duramax came out it had 25 more horsepower than the nearest competitor but with 5 less pounds of torque. Ford is coming out with their engine and their beating the general by 25 horsepower AND 40 pounds of torque. What will the numbers look like in 2004?

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-29-2002, 18:12
I don't care much about what they say it has for numbers, only thing I care about is seeing the faces of just about everyone at the stop light when they THINK they can take a big 'ole red truck.

I'm sure the guy in his white, brand new F**D PSD is still scratching his head. We left at a light and I went easy to tease him, he smiled at me and I waved goodbye. He got beat so bad I think he must of had to go drive a GMC just to see why. :D

Numbers mean nothing, bragging rights are earned when you get beat or they beat you. I ain't been beat yet. ;)

GMC

christo
09-01-2002, 21:45
Had a F**D owner stop by the other day. He took a look at my D'max and asked "How does it feel to be driving the runt of the road in 2003?"
Sure hope the General lives up to his intention to lead the power race.

ibelyea
09-02-2002, 00:02
Just finished a 6600 mile trip from WA to MI and return. 5th wheel hitch came loose in WY while traveling 65 mph. I let up on the accelerator and the tow/haul mode kept the hitch in the box. If I had hit the brakes, it would have been gone.I cannot say too much about how I love the Allison and DM. I have the edge and never found a mountian that I could not climb at 65. From South Dakota east there wasn't a hill that make me downshift from 5th (Im pulling a 11,000lb 5th wheel). Had a friend follow me back through Canadian Rockies in his 2001 Dodge. I constantly had to wait for him on the hills. He got better fuel mileage. He got 11-12 to my 10-11.