PDA

View Full Version : Winter additives

ADub
12-15-2004, 07:46
I want to pick up some winter additive (not going to order it online). The only thing I can find is Power Service. I have been to all the auto parts stores and Walmart. Any big name truck stops carry Stanadyne or the other preferred products?

DmaxMaverick
12-15-2004, 08:29
Power Service has good products and works as advertised.

Why do you think you need a winter additive? What overnight temps do you expect to see?

ADub
12-15-2004, 08:54
Its been in the mid teens overnight.

I found a stanadyne dealer

More Power
12-15-2004, 09:05
See link in sig below for an article on cold weather and GM's recommendation for fuel treatments.

MP

Tough Guy
12-21-2004, 19:24
Power Service (white bottle) is what I like, I have 150,000+ miles on my 6.5L using the stuff.

Try it, you'll like it.

Cheers,

The "Boy" TG ;)

tanker
12-22-2004, 02:27
I have used "Power Service" products in big trucks on the road to stay out of trouble in winter, and have used "Stanadyne" (blue bottle) performance additive in my 6.5 most of its life at every fill up.
Fuel additives are good insurance, as you never know what you will pick up at the pump. ;)

Kennedy
12-22-2004, 07:33
I run FPPF Total Power in my diesels year round. I also add some extra cetane. My preference is to emulsify the water so it can safely pass through and burn.

Power Service has gotten a bad rap for using alcohols in previous products. They now claim no alcohol. Contrary to popular opinion, the only place that I will pour Power Service is in my waste oil drum.

Tough Guy
12-29-2004, 19:33
Originally posted by kennedy:
Contrary to popular opinion, the only place that I will pour Power Service is in my waste oil drum. I stopped driving my waste oil drum a while back....My 6.5L gets better fuel mileage... ;)

Cheers,

The "Boy" TG ;)

rjschoolcraft
12-29-2004, 21:28
:D :D :D

Kennedy
12-30-2004, 07:44
Originally posted by Tough Guy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kennedy:
Contrary to popular opinion, the only place that I will pour Power Service is in my waste oil drum. I stopped driving my waste oil drum a while back....My 6.5L gets better fuel mileage... ;)

Cheers,

The "Boy" TG ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Stopped driving it? Thought you just bought it??? That Ford is a pretty expensive lawn ornament. :D Must be nice to be rich...

Tough Guy
12-30-2004, 16:49
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

I can't compete with your razor wit!! :D

Da Boy ;)