PDA

View Full Version : Another Plug in question

rtquig
12-07-2002, 19:14
My neighbor has a 98 Dodge with the Cummins. After reading the posts concerning plugging in on cold nights, I asked him if he has plugged in his truck yet. His comment was " plugging in causes corrision on the aluminum parts of the engine", so he plugs in as little as possible. I have never heard this before and don't know if it is true or he is just being a wise guy. Can this be true?

mackin
12-07-2002, 20:14
Wise Guy !!!!!!!! He must be a friend.....Or you would call him something worse.....

If heating coolant electrically corrodes Aluminum, what happens when your driving??? Why would it be different????? All your doing is heating GM approved Extended life (Orange) antifreeze for ease in warm up at starting.....Plug her in if you desire......

MAC :D

rtquig
12-08-2002, 08:35
Mackin:
That was what I was thinking, driving should do the same damage. But, You learn something new every day and I thought my friend knew something I never heard before. Now I have to find a good way to bust his chops.

All-tuned-up
12-09-2002, 14:27
rtquig

Tell him to start saving his money, if he's anywhere near 60k on his dodge, the tranny should be just about ready, and the brakes. Driving a Dodge is hard on the tranny and brakes, only drive it if he has to tell him
:D

rtquig
12-09-2002, 14:32
I had a 98 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad cab 4X4, and those brakes su ked. You had to really step on the peddle hard to get that truck stopped. I didn't notice it so much until I got my Dmax this year. Although I kind of miss hitting bumps in the road and having the rear bounce over a couple of feet.