PDA

View Full Version : Kick butt!!! Awesome diesel manual from Ebay!!

Randee of the Redwoods
03-11-2004, 12:25
Scored what I thought would be a nice reference manual. This thing rocks! It's the GM 6.5 EFI/Mech diesel training manual(copyright 1995). Gives an overview of how the motor and it's specific systems operate. Not just in words, but diagrams also showing the layouts of the individual systems and how they work. This is specific to the 6.5TD only and is awesome!! Specifics include inner workings of the pumps, how the internal design of this engine operates(such as how the diesel combustion cycle works), troubleshooting diagrams, PCM commands, and more. Definately worth the $40 I paid for it. Yea, I probably could have gotton it cheaper somewhere else if I had looked, but I'm very happy with it nontheless. Soon to arrive from ebay as well: 1994 GM truck dealer service manual along with the 1994 GM diesel truck/vehicle supplement. Can't wait for those!

toyboxrv
03-11-2004, 14:26
I saw that on ebay too and thought about bidding on it. Looked like it would have some usefull information. I think you should buy me a beer since I didn't bid against you and drive your cost up. :D

m-keith
03-12-2004, 11:27
You're the one who beat me out on that auction...damn you! :D ;)

Seriously, glad to get good feedback on that manual. Now I can bid a bit more agressively on the next one that's listed since I have some first-hand feedback on it.

eracers999
03-12-2004, 16:17
I just got one off ebay too, today. Seen that book 3 mos ago and bid it up to 87.00 and still lost. Today much better at 36.00

Its really too bad that that book cant be purchased outright. Maybe the pages will find their way on to a cd.

Kent

Randee of the Redwoods
03-15-2004, 06:25
Sorry M dude!!! HA HA!! I did expect, though, to run into someone here who may have been bidding on some of that stuff. It's a small world; made smaller by the internet.
As for the manual, it is interesting. What I like is the nice simple diagrams that are intended to teach about how the GM diesel design works. The cutaways are very nice. When I received it, I didn't have it 5 minutes before learning that the precombustion chambers are actually pretty big. Like I said, very nice illustrations.