PDA

View Full Version : TS performance reprogrammer

TexasDmax
08-26-2002, 17:39
Just went to the TS performance website it says they just releaseed a new programmer with 30, 80 and 120 hp settings and it removes the speed limiter anybody know about this box and if they make it or is it another juice or van aiken they want 885.00 so it hope it is good. www.tsperfomanceproducts.com

srubrn
08-26-2002, 20:22
Texas,

I talked to John Kennedy on the phone the other day and he says that they are making there own programmer and it should be great.Only one issue though. If GM has an update for your computer it might overwrite the program that TTS put in and when you reprogram it back it overwrites what GM just put in there. If TTS put the same updates in there programmer then you should be alright. I would ask them at TTS.

Kennedy
08-26-2002, 20:37
Like Todd siad, this reprogramming can get kinda tricky if GM comes with updates. Best look before you leap. I guess I'll have to give Dennis a ring...

DMAX Daddy
08-27-2002, 16:43
Is it a handset they sell you or do they reflash in your truck?

If it is a handset, could you download updates from the internet to include new GM programming and updates from them?

If pigs fart, do they smell? tongue.gif

mackin
08-27-2002, 18:46
Dmax Daddy,

Quote;If pigs fart, do they smell?

What are they eating???????

You know I wonder about the hand held thing myself......What's it a one shot deal?? If not why not share with your buddies??Dmax Daddy,getting one??
Dmax Daddy,Who's your buddy????? Even if you flashed your truck ,call get it reloaded ,smack your buddies truck with it.... What's the deal????What am I missing on this??

MAC
;)

c5dura
08-27-2002, 20:14
What I'd like to see is something along the lines of LS1 Edit that is available for the Vortec engines.

This is basically software that you run on your laptop and connect to your vehicle via the ODBII connecter much like you do with Autotap.

The cost is around $600 and it basically allows you to program a ton of parameters yourself such as spark advance, fuel curve, rev limiter, etc, etc.

The cool thing is that you can store your current PCM settings on your laptop and always return to this if you need to have your PCM flashed by the dealer. Once you get your car back, you simply load your personal mods back in.

Since a lot of folks don't want to mess with all the parameters themselves, it would be cool if you could download a performance upgrade for you Duramax via the internet to your laptop and then feed it into your PCM using the gizo that connects between your serial port and the ODBII connector.

This would be much faster than having to exchange your PCM via snail mail, plus you would have the ability to go back to stock for visits to the dealer, etc.

DMAX Daddy
08-27-2002, 20:30
He he Mackin Im in CA and you are in Mass, we'd have to pick a spot in between smile.gif

After the Retrax, Step Rails, and Bed Rug I am in spending jail for a bit. Once I get a few thousand miles on it Ill be looking at exhaust, air filter, gauges, and some type of performance enhancement. I figure by then all the posers will be gone and the true engine enhancement products will be ripe for the picking smile.gif