PDA

View Full Version : Talked to a fellow DMAXER...

1BADDMAX
02-28-2004, 18:38
I was filling up tonight and had the chance to talk to another DMAX driver. His truck was an 02 ext. cab 4x4 with over 80k miles. He stated that he changed his fuel filter at the recommended 15k interval. To date he's had no problems.

I checked my balancing rates tonight and most of the injectors were within + or - 1.50. A few would go into the low 2's. My truck now has 73935 miles and 1909 hours.

Figured you guys wanted to hear some good news.

Chris N5CWM
02-29-2004, 07:19
I believe that the majority of the DMaxes on the road today are running fine, have had no major problems and will continue to do so. It's typical that people will post about problems here which is a good thing because we all learn from them how to spot a potential problem and the best way to deal with it.
Rarely does anybody chime in saying their truck is running great, which is good too. It's the ratio of good news/bad news that raises a flag among us on the forum. Overall the majority of the members on this forum seem to have no problems. Now if we could get EVERY single Duramax owner to join, and respond to a poll about their vehicle ownership and any problems, that would be interesting. I'll bet overall a small percentage would reply with problems.
The injector issue must have been a big enough problem though, since GM redesigned the system on the LLY by putting the fuel lines and injectors outside of the valve covers. But it's typical for a design to change after the first model run, which is why some people won't buy something new, as if to wait until the "bugs" are worked out. The 1968 Corvette comes to mind here. GM made a lot of improvements on the 69 to correct for complaints from owners of the 68s. But that didn't make the 68 a "bad car, don't buy it".

max out
03-05-2004, 10:18
MY TRUCK HAS JUST HIT 13000 AND RUN LIKE A SCARED RABBIT, LOVIN IT.

PONCH
03-12-2004, 13:37
I ONLY HAVE 21000 BUT EVERYTHING IS RUNNING FINE LIKE SINE. WOULDN'T TRADE FOR SOMETHING ELSE AT ALL.
PONCH

PONCH
03-12-2004, 13:40
OH BY THE WAY I JUST GOT BACK FROM A 5773 MILE TRIP PULLING A 28FT CAMPER WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL AND AVERAGED 10.9MPG FOR THE ENTIRE TRIIP.