PDA

View Full Version : WHICH BOX FOR ZF 6 SPEED MANUAL?

gregmican
08-25-2002, 20:14
I have the manual 6 speed in my truck. Which box, if any works, with this setup? All the performance mods seem to favor the Allison tranny. :( Cmon guys, make something that works with the 6 speed. There are quite a few out on the road!

PEANUTGRWR
08-25-2002, 21:44
GREG, I HONESTLY DOTN KNOW MUCH ABOUT ZF TRUCKS BUT FROM WHAT I HEAR THE DYNOMITE BOX WORKS GREAT WITH THEM MAYBE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WILL REPLY. I HAVE A DYNOMITE BOX THAT I AM WANTING TO SELL IF YOU ARE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW.

sally
08-26-2002, 00:03
Greg, I have been asking the same question without much response. I have heard that the dynomite box will work but have never talked to anyone with first hand experience with the 6 speed.I have also talked to several companies that install the aftermarket reflash, they claim they can reflash for the 6 speed but no one has a dyno chart to show the low end torque numbers. Talking with several DP members that have the reflash on the allisons it sounds like a very good setup.

mackin
08-26-2002, 04:12
gregmican,sally,

Juice 4.0.........

MAC :D

George Gozelski
08-26-2002, 05:41
Hey Gregmican, from what I've been hearing, you can take a JUICE/EZ-AMP box program it on an Allison equipped truck and then install it in yours. Sounds kind of hokey but it works. The only downside (if it is one) is that you are stuck to just one power level unless you reprogram it in a D/A and then stick it back. I'd just program it in level 4 and leave it at that!

gun runner
08-26-2002, 13:48
gregmican - I have a 6-speed crew cab here.

Kennedy sent me a juice to try out, which required setting the modes in an automatic truck; which worked OK ; but I wanted adjustablity. The Juice made the truck scream in #4 mode ,but lacked lower RPM power that the stock truck had. Street corners that I use to take in 4 th gear , now required 3 rd. I have not seen this lack of low end power with the Duramaximizer.

John just sent me a Duramaximizer which is adjustable from the cab, and works with cruise control. I installed it Sat. and am tickled to death. I have to say , the total power is not as impressive as the Juice; but drivability is better and the power is real close.
The Juice spoiled me with ease of installation , but I like the control of the Duramaximizer.

Kennedy
08-26-2002, 20:28
The recent Juice revisions have made it much more manageable below 1500 RPM. We ran one on JJ's 6 speed and it worked down to 1k. Problem is, it stalled (3.8) so we took it off. W/O the box, he couldn't even come close to keeping up with me/Juice and a good 1500# weight penalty (heavier truck and I had a little trailer on) when passing traffic.

Duramaximizer is pretty much a sure fire thing on a 6 speed.

The average guy will do just fine with either box, in fact, the Juice on level 2 or even a CA emissions Juice is all MOST will ever need...

[ 08-26-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

jjgmc
08-27-2002, 20:21
you got that right I could not keep up with you john. my truck sure does fly with the juice. the only scary thing is when it stalled. other than that the truck ran great. no fish bite even at 1000 rpm and lower.

Kennedy
08-27-2002, 22:43
JJ,

Stalling seems to be cured, but since it is so selective, it is hard to be certain. If we go ATVing this weekend, we'll have to try it again...

jjgmc
08-29-2002, 12:08
yes we will have too run the juice on my truck or I will never keep up :D :D :D