PDA

View Full Version : low coolant

sixl
02-26-2004, 16:15
this morning (35deg)started my truck and went in the house about 15 min. and came out to leave and read out on the dash said low coolant checked it and it was fine no other problems? any one else have this :confused:

More Power
03-04-2004, 13:42
If this is a re-occurring issue, you may need to look at the low coolant sensor in the surge tank along with the related connector & wiring.

Has it repeated?

MP

Jorday
03-04-2004, 19:18
Originally posted by sixl:
this morning (35deg)started my truck and went in the house about 15 min. and came out to leave and read out on the dash said low coolant checked it and it was fine no other problems? any one else have this :confused: Mine did the same thing about a month ago. Checked the coolant and it was full. The light went out after a few minutes. Hasn't happened again...

sixl
03-07-2004, 11:04
Ok I have filled the resolver twice and it is now empty? No leaks that I can see but the other day I left it ideling about 45 min. and when I took off white smoke not like oil but steam? Truck seems to run fine, a friend of mine also has a LLY and they run neck and neck mine just runs off of water ha ha. I dont really like going to the stealer but I guess I am going to have to too find my problem? Any ideas mabe a turbo seal :confused:

sixl
03-16-2004, 08:45
Ok the truck is at the dealership and they say there is no problem :( all I know is it will use about a gallon of water in five days but no problem hu. Any ideas from past experiences with other trucks any one :confused:

DURA-MAX3
03-16-2004, 11:43
Can you say headgasket...

chuntag95
03-16-2004, 19:27
I had the same issue, but mine was injector cup seals. You don't have them in the LLY IIRC. It almost has to be a head gasket. Sorry I don't have a better idea.

sixl
03-22-2004, 08:23
Talked to the dealer and they said it was a freeze plug in the head that was leaking into the exh? Said the head was sent to GM to fix and should be ready Wed. 24 :rolleyes: