PDA

View Full Version : I want the Juice or the duramaximizer or some other power enhancement!

hdmax(mike)
08-23-2002, 15:08
But I keep hearing how with each upgrade, the Juice seems to get weaker.

And I`m not at all fond of the way Duramaximizer runs down the Juice.

I tend to distrust a company that promotes their product by condeming their competitors.

I`m leaning toward the Juice. But I want all the power, not just some of it.

And there is no stinkin` way I`m paying 9 large ones for the reprogramed ECM and have to give up mine, or buy a replacement. $900 should be to buy one staight up, No trade!

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-23-2002, 16:37
hdmax,

As far as I know the "JUICE" is the same HP and Torque as the earlier versions. Many have complained that it seemed like it was lacking on the low end compared to 3.0 - 3.2. I can't say if it's lacking or not. I don't see a lack of power, maybe it comes on a little smoother than all of a sudden. Mackin is the CT. expert on it and has stated his feelings already.

JK has the programmer, maybe if he is at liberty to say he could enlighten us all about "DA JUICE"

what do you say???

GMC :confused:

afp
08-23-2002, 21:19
Mike,

I have heard good and bad with every box out there. There is also Quadzilla. They have a box similar to the Juice, as well as boxes that increase fuel pressure. I have heard about fuel pressue increasing boxes causing leaks, but seems to be fairly uncommon. JK isn't excited about the Quadzilla boxes he's tested. Both JK and the Quadzilla folks have said each truck is different and results vary. I have heard of the Juice producing anywhere between 70 and 105 HP, depending on the truck. Additionally, the truck with the highest HP figures isn't necessarily the one that gets down the track the fastest.

We still have a lot to learn about the Allison. The Quadzilla folks said they have seen over 500 HP and 900 ft lbs on the dyno, but the Allison can't take it. Also, Quadzilla says that if you stall the converter too hard, the Allison does something (pull fuel?) that slows the truck down.

I know Quadzilla is working on something like that for their "Juice style" box. Quadzilla's fuel pressure boxes alread have a switch that selects between either 35 and 70 HP for one box and between 60 and 120 HP for the other.

I am leaning toward the latest version of the juice as it seems the most refined and least stressful on the truck. I'll probably run at level "one-half" (timing only) for day-to-day driving to get the best mileage, and have tow-haul on level 4--for the Mustangs and Rice Burners. When I get a trailer, the Juice will be on level 2 in tow-haul. Hopefully, they'll soon have a switch where I can choose between level one-half and 4 in normal, and have level 2 for tow-haul.

Blaine

Vette Racer
08-23-2002, 21:46
From what I see you don't really want the most, just the best. Go with the juice and you won't be disappointed. It will do the job, period! There is nothing else to say.