PDA

View Full Version : Downside to new INJ. PUMP?

BOOMERHD
08-22-2002, 05:43
Hey to all. It's been a while,

Anyone see a downside to getting a new INJ. PUMP installed to fix the heavy lopey idle? Why I ask is that now that my dealer has convinced the regional rep that I needed a new one to resolve the problem, I don't hear the lope. I have 27k on the truck, but in the last 5 fillups have been using "FPPF" additive. Now I know that I am not crazy, but could it just be the additive? or have I gotten sooooo used to hearing the lope that I don't hear it. I don't want anything to get worse once they start messing with the power plant. It's an expensive part that they are covering under warantee.

P.S. my lope was bad enough that at 55mph I could feel surge at times.

Boomerhd :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

pullinpower
08-22-2002, 05:52
BOOMERHD,if you have the lope go ahead and get the updated pump.Had mine installed last week and no more lopey idle and its still the same truck as before if not better.Let them do it.

SF Jakey
08-22-2002, 10:44
Pullinpower,
sort of off this subject, I noticed you have the 285's on your truck, same as I do, and was wondering what you see as far as mileage goes. My best unloaded seems to be about 15.5 and 13.5 average. The dealer is adamant that its because of the tires, just looking for some comparisons.

pullinpower
08-22-2002, 13:06
SF Jakey,thats about what im doing in the mpg department also,of course the big a$$ bumper I have on it doesnt help :D

SF Jakey
08-22-2002, 13:50
thanks for the reply, maybe I'm not that bad off after all. Anyone else getting the same figures?