PDA

View Full Version : Duramax won't start!!

Curt B.
11-30-2004, 12:17
Sunday, with temps in the 20's. Starter would crank for about 5 seconds and stop. Plugged block heater in for 4 hours and tried again. Engine started, but with check engine light on. Last night, -10*. Plugged in on timer to start 4 hours prior to my leaving the house. Same situation. Starter would crank for 5 seconds and stop. Never tried to fire. Called stealer to have them come get it. Took out Edge juice, prior to dealer picking it up. Thought I would give it one more try. Starter cranked for 6-7 seconds and fired right off, but check engine light was on again. Any ideas?? Just filled with fuel last week before the holiday. I am using Total Power fuel additive. Filter was changed 3k miles ago. After it started, I took it to the stealer. I guess I'll let them mess with it. I was curious if anyone thought the Edge Juice had anything to do with it??

Curt

More Power
11-30-2004, 13:07
Put trans in neutral, then try it again.

You may have a "Park Switch" on the steering column or an NSBU switch issue.

MP

Viking
11-30-2004, 18:21
Curt B. What are you driving?

Curt B.
11-30-2004, 19:40
Sorry! 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD with Duramax/Allison. Had no trouble last winter without Edge, so thought maybe this was an issue.

RWA II
12-01-2004, 21:35
I had very intermittent start problems with my juice before I had them update the box. I tried unplugging the juice and turning it over and it fired right up.

I think that extended cranking times, or no starts will thow a code. Mine did this after two or three bouts of no starts, but did clear out after some time.

Not cold here, so no telling if that was a factor. Did you happen to look over at the attitude to see if it was giving bad info?

Mine would tell me it was on power level zero with an egt of 500 or so when the truck had been off for hours. Always the same.

Good luck

Kennedy
12-02-2004, 08:26
Some Edge Juice units CAUSED these no starts. I'd suggest trying without the Juice for a while and see if it repeats. Edge will warranty the unit if it is the cause.