PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

VFRRider
06-19-2003, 15:51
New to board here, been reading for some time, figured it was time to jump in. Looking forward to getting some answers to a number of lingering questions I have. I've had my MAX since Nov of 02, and I am quite happy with it. When the boss decided we needed a 5'er, I bargained and won the "need a Duramax for that" argument. Since then, I've been sliding down this slope where I gotta have another thing for the truck..then another. I think I'm dooomed. ;) Don't suggest therapy, I'm beyond that.
I do have a question;
Has anyone who lives in a cold climate and has installed an aftermarked fuel filter and mounted it outside the engine compartment had any clogging or waxing problems? I'm thinking of mounting one either along the frame or in the bed if possible (Installing TransferFlow Aux tank, filter will be between it and OEM tank). I'm not sure if sitting in 0 deg weather will be an issue if its not near the warmth of the engine. Also, does anyone forsee a problem with having the filter fed fuel from an in-line pump as opposed to having it set up with a demand (vacuum) system? Don't know which setup I'm going to use yet, figured I ask first.
Thanks in advance
Mike

Kennedy
06-19-2003, 20:43
No waxing or gelling here, but I condition all of my fuel.

I believe that the future will hold a lift pump for the Dmax...

56Nomad
06-21-2003, 10:26
Hi Mike,

As you probably are aware, the Racor filter assembly
that I've added as my secondary filter has an
option of adding a bowl with 12vdc heater.
Part# RK22266-01

Living here in warm weather, I had no need
to add it to my system.