PDA

View Full Version : AFE Stage 2

Minn-kota
06-11-2003, 20:06
Looking at this intake kit and was wondering where everyone has found the best price?

Opinions (good and bad) on this product are also welcome!

Thanks

GMCTRUCK
06-11-2003, 20:22
One day out of the blue I wanted it, had to have it, and drove the 20 min. to Jannetty Racing and paid $259. I'm sure if you searched around you could find it for cheaper, I just didn't look. As far as the product itself, I love it. Looks great and sounds pretty wicked. The steel intake tube echos and amplifies the turbo whistle to awesome sound levels. I also put an Outerwears prefilter over the afe filter to catch some of the dirt and repel water. Plus it's easy to take off and wash and cuts down on having to clean the filter itself. I've used Outerwears on my quads for years over my K&N air filters and it's amazing how much longer the K&N stays clean (and dry)compared to without the prefilter.

[ 06-11-2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: GMCTRUCK ]

DMAXED
06-11-2003, 20:38
I also bought mine at jannetty racing and I have the same setup as GMCTRUCK , looks and sounds great.

Minn-kota
06-11-2003, 21:21
Thanks for the quick responses so far.

I'm really surprised at the pricing differences I've found on this. From $259-$359. They all appear to be the Stage II kit 50-10122. :confused:

So far Jannetty is the cheapest.

Do the kits come with the filter pre-oiled or do you need to buy the oil kit too?

[ 06-11-2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: Minn-kota ]

DMAX Daddy
06-11-2003, 23:05
One thing to remember, as Mackin mentioned in another thread its more a looks/turbo whine thing. Its been said by a few people they saw no significant performance gain by getting one.

Im waiting til warranty is over so I dont have to swap when I go to the dealer (even though my dealer sells them).

Forced Induction
06-12-2003, 05:28
DMAX, you might want to check on that. I was recently at the dealer for service and had my K&N installed, they said no problem! I even asked about aftermarket exhaust and warranty and they said no problem with exhaust either, although I didn't prove that yet. If you like the sound of the turbo, you shouldn't wait till your out of warranty, unless of course your close. I love the sound with the K&N, but I like the looks of the AFE much better and may change, but don't want to dump the dough yet!

J

SparkyTX
06-12-2003, 07:43
Keep an eye out on ebay as well. These will come up from time to time offered by a company called Macromotive.com. That is the internet/mail-order side of Off Road Unlimited (for those not in the know, they are a WELL established retailer). I picked mine up for a good price, saved the tax, and the shipping was only $11.

DMAX Daddy
06-12-2003, 08:41
Ill wait and see. Just bought a new Amsoil filter instead so I will run that for a while.

My dealer here is still warming up to the DMAX's. I asked about any add ons and the lead service writer said it would really have to be a bad install for them to consider not doing warranty work.

For any aftermarket items, if it was clean and professional, no problem!

WhiteDuramax
06-12-2003, 10:42
I see them on Ebay all the time for 239$ and every once in a while a little cheaper.