PDA

View Full Version : Said I wouldn't do it, But couldn't help myself

Tinbender
06-07-2003, 16:22
Received the Duramax Predator this morning, after a little reading installed the 65 HP tune and took it for a drive just to see if it was as good as every one said. I was amazed at the overall performance since I consider myself a pretty conservative driver, and since I was only interested in the 40 HP tune for towing.

Well to make a long story short I installed the 85 HP tune to show off to a friend that always has a need for speed. On the way to his house I had to stop at a stop light where the right lane ends about 500 feet across the intersection. A red midsize truck pulled up on the right side and as the light changed he took off, I couldn't help myself, I hit it even though he had a jump on me. Before we reached the lanes end I was more than a full truck length ahead of him. I looked in the mirror and all I seen was him shaking his head. At the next stop light he got out an ran up and knocked on the window and asked, " is this one of the new Chev 300 HP diesels?" I told him "yes" and his response was, "you sure surprised me" and ran back to his truck. All I could do was sit there and grin. I checked out what he was driving ,it was a new V-8 Tundra. I thought they were supposed to be fast. :confused:

Went home any put the 40 HP tune in to stay out of trouble, really I only wanted the Predator to improve towing. Will find out how well it does in the mountians next week. :D :D :D

Bob

RWTD
06-07-2003, 17:06
Originally posted by Tinbender:
I was amazed at the overall performance since I consider myself a pretty conservative driver...

...Went home any put the 40 HP tune in to stay out of trouble, really I only wanted the Predator to improve towing.What was that on the Exorcist film, "The Power of Christ compels you!". Well, insert the lil devil now http://www.opelwerk.com/smiley-project/animated/devil-smilies/FIREdevil.gif hahaha!

At the next stop light he got out an ran up and knocked on the window and asked, " is this one of the new Chev 300 HP diesels?" I told him "yes" and his response was, "you sure surprised me" and ran back to his truck. All I could do was sit there and grin. I checked out what he was driving ,it was a new V-8 Tundra. I thought they were supposed to be fast.This should be engraved in stone somewhere! :D Classic! What the poor sucka doesn't know won't hurt 'em. Yeah, we'll have a convert out of him within the next 6 months!

It's been raining here all weekend and I wanted to get out and go play on the streets today, but unfortunately that's not going to happen. Stories like these are AWESOME, and you managed to cheer me on up today, Bob!!! Thanks bud! ;)

Keep in touch!