PDA

View Full Version : She's bent

David Proske
06-07-2003, 10:50
I should have stayed in bed yesterday. I always park "Way Out" in a parking lot, away from any traffic and shopping carts. Yestarday I was informed that some zipper head had backed into my truck :mad: You know the sinking feeling in your gut...

I walk out into the parking lot and see some ripped up 82 ford backed into the RFQ of my truck. I ask "what the hell happened here"? He says I just didn't see your truck sir"? I say "Oh yeah I miss it and walk past it all the time :rolleyes: " I said "By the looks of your truck you didn't see a lot of cars". I all but decked the fool. This was damn near the only truck in the parking lot, in the back of the lot at that; and he has to go and plow into it.

At least he had insurance. More and more of todays drivers don't have insurance and would simply drive off leaving me with a FSGI.

I have had this truck short of three months :( Hopefully the dealer will mount the fender straight and get a good paint match. This is why I have big bumpers on my 94, but it wouldn't have helped here... I stood in the driveway lastnight and just shook my head...

http://community.webshots.com/user/bedias300

In the My Duramax album....

Kennedy
06-07-2003, 10:55
Just watch for any "like quality parts" clause in the guys insurance that may get you imported sheet metal...

Burner
06-07-2003, 11:32
Good thing the door is ok. Fenders are easy but doors can be troubble. :eek: ...You know, when I think about it, I'd rather have your "crunched" truck than a Ford. :D

Burner-------> ;) :D

David Proske
06-07-2003, 11:41
Thanks for the heads up JK. I'll be sure and check with that at the body shop.

Burner...Amen on that. Some people are so ignorant that they will keep backing and rip the hole side of a vehicle and ask "whats that noise" and yet still keep backing....

NWDmax
06-07-2003, 11:56
I feel your pain.
Two nights ago the 7 year old neighborhood brat decided to throw rocks at my 2 small dogs.In the process hits my hood twice the RFQ once and the PS door once.
Got the estimate yesterday for $1379.00.
Worse part of it is the parents did not make him fess up to it or anything.
Good thing I had eye witnesses or I'd be sol.
Blake :(

gardnerteam
06-07-2003, 13:08
Gotta love HD bumpers. Some sweet thing (witness said she got out of the car and her skirt hem was above her navel) backed into my rear bumper in a Safeway parking lot and according to the guy sitting in the truck parked next to mine, bashed in her whole left rear quarter panel, rear deck, and bumper. He said her car was a mess. My HD killer bumper has one very small scratch in the powder coat and a lot of blue paint which buffed off. She didn't wait around for me to come back. HD bumpers never cost, they pay!!

mdrag
06-07-2003, 13:14
David Proske,

Kennedy has a good point about the use of cheaper non-OEM parts for repairs. Insurance companies use the term LKQ (like kind and quality) in many of their policies so they can get away with using cheaper, non-OEM replacement parts. Typically, a vehicle less than 1 year old gets new OEM parts without question. And since this was clearly not your fault and his insurance pays, insist on OEM replacement parts.

Turbo Al
06-07-2003, 17:03
I am just sitting at a RED light when the whole truck starts shaking and then going sideways -- figured for sure it was the "BIG ONE" (earthquake). Looked in my mirror and there is a B-Train pup wheel eating my Dr quarter panel and bumper. I got out and the only thing I could think of was to kick the "ell" out of the stupid Pup tire --- $1,800 = labour, tailight, bumper & bodywork. So going to pickup a "Cowboy" bumper.

HD-Nate
06-09-2003, 09:15
Sorry to hear about your damage, but at least he admitted to it, something that does not happen often any more!

An

mdrag
06-09-2003, 12:08
Turbo Al,

B-Train pup wheel???? :confused:

I've never heard this one before. Can you explain?

mdrag