PDA

View Full Version : Cold Air Intake LLY

KCDuramaxTurbo
08-16-2005, 17:43
Which cold air intake is the best for the LLY? Are they worth the money? What kind of Milage/Power will they add?

Thanks in advance!

Mark Craig
08-17-2005, 04:17
KCDuramaxTurbo,

We only reccomend the AFE Pro Gaurd 7 systems as they flow the air but stop the dirt the 4 layer gauze filters let into your engine. A Stage II with the intake tube gets your turbo spooled up sooner and you'll feel a slight performance inprovement on a stock truck. If you add an intake and then exhaust before you add a programmer or module you'll get the full benefit of the "electronic" HP and help keep EGT's low which also helps MPG too! Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

Kennedy
08-17-2005, 04:52
I would not expect any mpg from an intake. Small HP gains you MAY see, but I've had a tough time nailing down anything consistent in most cases. I did see good gains on my 2002 running at 500+ RWHP though. If you want an intake, I'd suggest the AFE II in PG-7 and add a sock as the bugs and crap are very difficult to get out of the pleats. I've had two LLY trucks on my dyno with noticeably smoother TQ curves than my 2005, but they had more miles and some other differences that I hope to duplicate on my 05 to see if I can match it...

fishhead1076
08-19-2005, 07:33
Just added the AFE stage 1 on my LLY, the throttle response is very noticable but I might add that my stock filter was showing between 30 - 40 % pluggage. I would say it was worth the investment, dont forget its a lifetime filter also....