PDA

View Full Version : Pre OEM Fuel Filter

Duckhntr
08-14-2005, 09:25
Okay, once again I come to the boards for some guidance. I have been reading the threads about the FF/injector problems, and agree there seems to be some merit to this. Then the other day the father-in-law, gets a brochure from the dealer he bought his truck from that recommends this "********" filter setup with an installed price of course. Any of you guys familiar with this setup? I like the thought of the CAT filter that it uses for availability and cost reasons.

LanduytG
08-14-2005, 15:16
We will have something available in a few days that will be the easiest to install and you can plumb in pre or post OEM. It will use many different filters.

Greg

tennykimble
08-18-2005, 19:08
hey duck, i put a caterpillar fuel filter setup on my neibhors d-max and he loves it, i work at cat so i get the filters at cost, but any joe shmoe can buy the one i used for about 13 dollars!! i put this filter on because the stock filter only filters to about 8-10 microns of dirt particles, the cat filter filters out about 2-3 microns. plus it is extremely easy to change (verses the stock filter) i have it mounted under the cab with a shutoff on the supply side. if you want to see pictures of this setup click on my name in the top left of THIS column then click on the home page link. if you really like it let me know and i can e-mail you a parts list of the parts you need from cat to adapt this setup to your truck,most of the parts i used are from cat but you will need to find some stuff locally. since i have put this on my neibhor drove to flordia (we live in ohio) and he said he had no problem at all. their was some questions from some people because i used copper tubing? i didnt see a problem with it, but some people say it may leak?? i dunno, it has been nothing but good so far! (its been on for about 1 year) but i may reccomend stainless steel or aluminum tubing if you are conserned about copper.anyways this entire setup cost me about $130-150(with a couple spare filters). have a good day enjoy your truck! :D