PDA

View Full Version : LOW SPEED BANG!

REDTRUCK05
08-12-2005, 13:27
I own a 2005 2500HD 6.6L. I have been getting a big bang in the drivetrain at low speeds (when accelerating from like 5mph). It has happened only when not towing. To me it sounds like the tranny.

madmatt
08-14-2005, 17:53
could this be it???

The customer concern may be a backfire or pop through the intake during a hard acceleration. A noticeable hesitation will also be felt if the concern is duplicated.

This concern can be hard to duplicate and the vehicle will have no DTCs.

The condition described in this PI will only occur under a hard acceleration and with the throttle angle above 70-80%. During the hard acceleration, the hesitation or pop through the intake will occur when the transmission shifts from second to third, or when the transmission shifts from third to fourth gear.

REDTRUCK05
08-15-2005, 11:44
Originally posted by madmatt:
could this be it???

The customer concern may be a backfire or pop through the intake during a hard acceleration. A noticeable hesitation will also be felt if the concern is duplicated.

This concern can be hard to duplicate and the vehicle will have no DTCs
The condition described in this PI will only occur under a hard acceleration and with the throttle angle above 70-80%. During the hard acceleration, the hesitation or pop through the intake will occur when the transmission shifts from second to third, or when the transmission shifts from third to fourth gear. Both times I was going 5-10 mph at the most.