PDA

View Full Version : A/C fan does not blow very hard

dcgtls
08-07-2005, 09:19
I have an 02 Sierra 2500HD 4x4 D/A. The blower motor does not blow hard, almost not even felt even on high. It takes a bit before the air starts to blow cold and will eventualy cool off the truck and if it is a long enough ride will even freeze you out, but never blows hard.
Is this a known problem? Possibly a bad fan motor or blocked duct?
Any info that I can get would be great.
Thanks

JD Diesel
08-07-2005, 09:27
Sounds like the blower motors dieing or the switch is not working right. JD ;)

BobND
08-07-2005, 09:38
Possible rodentis sierrasis nest???

Spoolin'It
08-07-2005, 09:44
Have you changed the air filters in the air duct??

DmaxMaverick
08-08-2005, 00:40
Welcome to the forums!

They did away with the HVAC filter in late 2002 because owners were not servicing them, and submitting warranty claims. If you have one, that would be the first place to check.

If that's not the problem, check the blower resistor cluster. It's easy to access (same access as the filter), and relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. A failed blower motor is much less likely an issue, but does rarely happen.

dcgtls
08-08-2005, 18:01
Thanks. I will check those as soon as I get it back from the dealer. Had to have it towed in because it would not start. He they called today and said it was something with the fuel system getting air and losing the prime. I forget what the part was but it is covered under the 5yr 100k so I am happy. I'll let you know what I find with the A/C in a few days.

smile.gif :D

copperhead
08-09-2005, 08:56
I'd suggest you find out specifically which part they are replacing in your fuel system and then check the list in your emission warranty. You might be covered for $0 instead of the $100.

dcgtls
08-12-2005, 11:01
Well I got the truck back the other day. It runs better than it had before the problems. I also had the full service work done on it.
As for the A/C I found the filter and could not believe how bad it was. I beat all the loose crud and then used the air compressor to blow it out and put it back in. Now it blows harder and colder on setting 1 and 2 with the rear vents open than it did on 5 with them closed. Now everyone tells me to turn it down because it is too cold. Thanks for the info.