PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust for a Sub

atmdoc
07-12-2005, 17:02
Hey Folks, This site has been very helpful, Thanks. Now I have a question about exhaust systems, I am looking for something that will get me better fuel mileage and some more power while not being too loud, a little louder than stock is fine. I was looking at a 4" system and a 3.5" system. Any ideas?? Also what would be a price I can expect? Once again thanks for all the past and future help!

Dvldog 8793
07-12-2005, 17:19
Howdy
From what I've seen/heard a 4" is about as big as a 6.5 can use. If you look at the downpipe it is probably REALLY restricitve. A friend of mine used the stock muffler off a 2004 powerjoke and then replaced the down pipe with a Kennedy one. The rest of the exhaust is stock.
I used a full Kennedy system with NO muffler. I think it sounds great but my wife would argue.
L8r
Conley

GMC Hauler
07-13-2005, 07:20
I used a 4" system from Jardine. The instructions were a bit lacking, but 10 minutes of scratching my head and i had it figured out. It's designed real well, and I paid $300 when it was on sale. I don't know what any of them run now. I would recommend the 4", just realize you have to be careful with clearance with this one.